PDA

View Full Version : Redundancy Tranche 2

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
8th Jul 2005, 14:00
The latest U need 2 know:-

1400 places - 1500 applicants

Now, hot off the rumour machine (AMPLT)

Aircraft Engineering Tech (WO) 12 required, 4 applications - looks good for compulsory!!
A Tech Av (Av + Ae) C/T 80 reqd, 122 appls
A Tech Av (Av + Ae) Sgt 110 reqd, 197 appls
A Tech Av (Av + Ae) Cpl 80 reqd, 188 appls
A Tech M (P + A) C/T 90 reqd, 124 appls
A Tech M (P + A) Sgt 190 reqd, 265 appls
A Tech M (P + A) Cpl 165 reqd , 295 appls

opso
8th Jul 2005, 14:47
So in the engineering world, 727 people sought from the total 1400 with 1195 volunteers of the total 1500 applicants, or only 305 other trade volunteers of the 673 required. Which means that whilst our engineers are scrabbling to be first out of the door, many of the other trades/branches will be subjected to compulsory redundancies very shortly...

StopStart
8th Jul 2005, 15:46
Brilliant.
So our aircraft sit around, unserviceable, gathering dust whilst tremendous man management schemes see the hard working linies demoralised and scrabbling to get out. Can't say I blame y'all one bit. Good luck!

PS. If you're looking for any Herc pilots, you'll find most of us here (http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb1/tpl_ba01.asp?newms=info10)

:ok:

L1A2 discharged
23rd Jul 2005, 20:01
The grapevine, that source of accurate info over many moons now has it that Tranche 3 may be cancelled as "The RAF may be untenable at 41,000, looks like there may be a need for more due to current op tempo and future semi-planned deployments" .... oops. :uhoh:

The Gorilla
23rd Jul 2005, 22:12
They will be calling up more reservists at this rate!! tee hee!!

:O

Maple 01
23rd Jul 2005, 22:15
semi-planned deployments

Sounds like every one I've ever been on!

southside
24th Jul 2005, 11:23
That is good news. Wish I could be at the main gate waving goodbue to them all.

HOODED
25th Jul 2005, 08:24
Southside, 30 September RAF Cottesmore hope to see you there!

500days2do
25th Jul 2005, 08:36
'RAF untenable at 41,000....'
That seems about right...with 39,000 officers an 2000 'other ranks' who is going to do the real work !
I'm sure the Lyneham experience,leaning the tech manpower so that u have no servicable a/c and allowing crass engineering decisions to fester the morale of the troops, will spread elsewhere.
Contemplating redressing OC 'Eng' Wg as my career has been seriously impeded by incompetance...but then, I haven't had one for years anyhow...

Vote with your feet...
(330days2do)

pigsinspace
3rd Aug 2005, 12:38
I see these figures have been quoted as coming from the AMPLT but has anyone seen them on any web or intranet site? or in black and white on an "official" memo/ circular?

HOODED
3rd Aug 2005, 17:08
Never mind only a couple of months to go and we'll all know for sure. Wonder if ac availability will be improved with all the engineers going. I hear they won't be taken away from the line for scheduled maintenance as often as they're planning to increase the time between maintenance to offset the loss of all those engineers. Got to be good news, keep those filthy engineers away from our ac so we can fly them more.:ok:

pigsinspace
3rd Aug 2005, 17:50
some of us are interesed because we might be departing the service...

oh and by the way away from out ac so we can fly them more
you really should have worked harder at school..
then you could have been an engineer..

" you can teach a monkey how to ride a bike BUT have you ever seen a monkey fix one?"

Always_broken_in_wilts
3rd Aug 2005, 19:04
" you can teach a monkey how to ride a bike BUT have you ever seen a monkey fix one?"

Intersting analogy........ but what I can't quite grasp is why they pay the "monkey on the bike" twice as much as the "did much better at school" engineer......perhaps you could enlighten us :p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

BATS
3rd Aug 2005, 21:19
Anyone got any idea when the announcements are actually going to be made ?
Given that 6 months notice for volunteers is required and the pension/pay increases are due on 1 Apr, a 30 Sept announcement would be a rather easy way of saving a few pennies.....

BT

Safety_Helmut
3rd Aug 2005, 21:29
BATS

Announcement to be made 30th September, for an exit date of 30th April (applicants) or 30th September (compulsory). This means those going on application will get that extra pay rise, but crucially I suspect, MoD does not have to make 2 phases of redundancy payments in the same financial year.

Safety_Helmut

HOODED
3rd Aug 2005, 22:10
Forgive me Safety but 6 months from 30 Sep 05 is 31 Mar 06 so they wont have to pay the massive pay rise effective from Apr 06. Much cheaper. Tranche 1 were told on 31 Mar 05 for exit on 30 Sep 05. So exactly 6 months then for the lucky ones.

Safety_Helmut
4th Aug 2005, 07:49
HOODED

Forgiven, yes, your logic is perfect, 6 months from 30 Sep 05 is 31 Mar 06. However, read the signal, exit date is "on or before 30 Apr 06" for those who applied for Tranche 2. So, yes Tranche 2 redundancies will get the humungous pay rise due to us in Apr 06.

I made the same mistake, I assumed to much ! :confused:

Safety_Helmut

BATS
4th Aug 2005, 10:44
SH

Many thanks - I read the signal and then noted the disparity in dates and naturally (cynically) wondered if the MOD would try and save some more pennies.....

BT

I agree with your tongue in cheek 'humungous payrise' comment; however, taking the inevitable less than 3% increase on pensions, it still amounts to approx £500 per annum which is better in my pocket etc etc

16 blades
4th Aug 2005, 12:56
So Tranche 3 cancelled? Any official (or rumour control) news on this yet? If so, will they re-introduce FRIs, bearing in mind we're looking at a pilot shortage in the not-too-distant future? Seems that BA have missed their recruitment targets for the second year in a row now - nice push-pull factors about to align methinks!

Looks like FRIs for engineers might be a good idea as well, given the over-subscription for T1&2!

16B

HOODED
5th Aug 2005, 19:58
FRI for Engineers - you're joking right! Or did you mean for Engineering officers? You know the ones that sign ADF and LIMs the ac so it can still fly when there's no spares or not enough engineers left to fix it. Well at least until it's that jet/cabs turn for scheduled maintenance. Gonna need to order a lot more F703/4s shortly me thinks.:confused:

Vage Rot
6th Aug 2005, 10:49
still, I have to thank them for the pension calculator!! Now I know exactly when my pension will pay the mortgage - and that will be my PVR date!!

many more people thinking the same way too!!!

pigsinspace
7th Aug 2005, 16:32
Flt Sgts on shift and down route Ground Engineers (sncos) can also sign Lims/adfs

so surely a retention bonus for all sncos?

Safety_Helmut
24th Sep 2005, 19:01
If you've applied for Tranche 2, check the PMA website, the latest update has the last paid day of service for a redundancy applicant as 10th April 06. Has anyone got any better information than this.

Any more rumours on numbers being made redundant in this tranche, news on tranche 3 etc ?

Safety_Helmut

PPRuNeUser0211
25th Sep 2005, 08:16
That seems very gentlemanly of them, to put the date after the annual increase, due to defence cutbacks maybe they cant cope with a new pension scheme and redundancies in the same week heh

Safety_Helmut
25th Sep 2005, 20:24
Just to clear things up, in case I caused any confusion, the date for release has not been put back, but brought forward from the original published exit date of 30 Apr 06.

Safety_Helmut

29th Sep 2005, 09:36
Tick tock tick tock

Meet you all here same time tommorrow

Good luck everyone.

Here's the routine.

1. Section bosses get their hands on the letters from the Chief Clerk in time to start calling in the lucky redundees first thing Friday morning.

2. Unsuccessful applicants get a confidential letter in the mail.

3. Everyone down the pub.

3a. Unless it co-incides rather nicely with the Tranche 1 Top Table!

500days2do
29th Sep 2005, 17:01
I shall be with you in mind my old fruit...best of luck to all...

250ish days 2 do..

OKOC
29th Sep 2005, 17:36
SPHLC

I hope you get it fella but I for one will be sad to see you go-I'll never forget that afternoon down by the salt flats in Akro-what a laugh and p*ss-up we had (not within 50 feet etc).

All the best

HOODED
29th Sep 2005, 20:38
Good luck to all those in the frame!

One day to do!

Now where's my wad?

Been working as a civvy for a month now looking forward to two paychecks this month! Feels strange handing in your 1250 after nearly 30 years though!:oh:

Safety_Helmut
29th Sep 2005, 20:45
Likwise, good luck to all !

Safety_Helmut

30th Sep 2005, 10:17
:{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{

OKOC
30th Sep 2005, 10:25
:{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{

You're just too valuable dude-more kebabs and Kokinethly then!?

Safety_Helmut
30th Sep 2005, 10:55
Safety_Helmut is absolutely gutted too. :{

500days2do
30th Sep 2005, 12:02
maximum guttage old boy....tis a sad but strange day when we mourn the staying in of such a top bloke....!!!!!

BATS
1st Oct 2005, 11:58
My application was succesful (Sqn Ldr Nav age 43)...... Hoorah.... Comiserations to all those who weren't as lucky as I was......