PDA

View Full Version : Cockney PPRUNE!!!

SALAD DODGER
6th Jul 2005, 13:12
Just found a fantastic web site that converts your favourite web-sites into cockney etc...

For the millitary aircrew forum it came up with:

A forum for the bloody aces 'oo fly the non-civilian 'ardware, right, and the backroom fellas and girls wivout 'oom nuffink would leave the bloomin' ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, right, all equally welcome 'ere.

TRY IT FOR SOME GREAT RESULTS:
The Dialectizer (http://rinkworks.com/dialect/)

cazatou
6th Jul 2005, 13:51
As a Cockney I would merely point out that at least I can spell "Military".

If you do not agree with my version then look at the top of the page.!!

oldbeefer
6th Jul 2005, 14:29
A Cockney speaking French? Tres drole, n'est pas?

Cockney Geezer
6th Jul 2005, 15:23
Oh, this is sweet as a nut - bang on my son!

CG

SALAD DODGER
6th Jul 2005, 15:47
My dialectized reply to cazatou:

I'm bloody well sorry me mate, for me inability ter spell the word military were purely a typin' mistake, right, and me failiure ter proof read me post. I thank yer for yor correction and offer me 'umble apologies. I spot from yor proRoyal Mile that yor in France, and I therefore dont give a flyin' .

NFI
6th Jul 2005, 15:51
Salad Dodger

Having just browsed through the "military aircrew thread", I then find this one.

Make all threads fun to read. Plus I work with a swede and I can now convert all my e-mails to him into Swedish Chef....

Thanks....

Mr C Hinecap
6th Jul 2005, 16:01
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Working in a Command type place has suddenly become a lot more fun!

It makes understanding corporate comms waaaayy easier now.

Now - which station will have a sense of humour faliure first :E

Now go HERE (http://websmurfer.devnull.net/)
and paste a page to it. Replicates the page but adds 'smurf' dialect. V V silly - glad the boss is on leave this week.

SALAD DODGER
6th Jul 2005, 16:07
Try this!
BBC NEWS (http://rinkworks.com/dialect/dialectp.cgi?dialect=cockney&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport1%2Fhi%2Ffront_page%2 F4655555.stm)

Onan the Clumsy
6th Jul 2005, 16:55
I see they have several dialects to choose from. Sadly they don't have 'Spoty Northern Oik' :(

oldbeefer
6th Jul 2005, 19:31
Cazato

Assuming from your handle that you are at LFBC, you must be having fun with the locals this afternoon!

cazatou
6th Jul 2005, 19:42
old beefer,

[B]NON[B]

I'm retired Spec Aircrew and just about to buy my 4th House here!!

All we have so far is three Houses and two swimming pools.

Not bad for a Cockney!!!!!!

PS. Before we get on to the insults; may I just say that I was an A2 QFI on the Jet Provost and an A Category Captain, Training Captain, Flight Instructor, Local Examiner & Instrument Rating Examiner on what is now No 32 (Royal) Squadron.

PPS. My Log Book shows 7729hrs 20 mins total flying.

Or, of course, this could be just a spoof!!!

oldbeefer
6th Jul 2005, 19:58
Cazatou

I'm also retired Spec Aircrew (although still working) - I go to france from time to time for a holiday, but then am usually ready to return to my 5 houses in the UK. And, I can't swim! Bonne chance, quand meme!

cazatou
6th Jul 2005, 20:12
Old beefer,

Good for you.

But I'm not spoofing!!

oldbeefer
6th Jul 2005, 21:30
Nor am I. Please feel free to check with my bank manager!!

cazatou
6th Jul 2005, 21:35
Or - perhaps I am??

StopStart
6th Jul 2005, 22:02
Surely you aren't arguing about who has the most houses.......surely.....?

Well, it's a novelty for Pprune I guess, as pointless arguments go...

Come on then chaps, do tell - who's still got all their own teeth?

:hmm:

cazatou
8th Jul 2005, 11:03
Perhaps SALAD DODGER, who elected to disparage the East London population, would honour us with an opinion on their behaviour yesterday?

engineer(retard)
8th Jul 2005, 11:53
I've got my own teeth, and 4 sets of spares swimming around in their own jugs, next to my glass eye and gold plated leg.

An Teallach
8th Jul 2005, 12:02
I'll raise you 2 crowns (dental), 3 houses and a bionic hip.

engineer(retard)
8th Jul 2005, 12:06
And I can pee higher than anyone else due to my pressurised colostomy bag.

cazatou
8th Jul 2005, 18:57
BUT WHERE IS SALAD DODGER!!!!!

He started the thread by being rude about those who are born in the East End of London. Personally,I have never met anybody who was given the choice as to where they could be born.

He may also wish to consider that the people he disparages are those who form the recruiting cadre for the Senior SAS Squadron - Formally known as the Artists Rifles.

SALAD DODGER
10th Jul 2005, 20:15
I AM HERE.

Yes you made me bite!

I didn't start this thread being rude about those who were born in the East End of London, and I find your bringing of Thursdays events into this forum quite distasteful. I was trying to start a light-hearthed thread to point out a web site that many ppruners enjoyed. If offence was taken then I apologise, as a Londoner.

My Father, Grandfather and Great-Grandfather were all East end men and my Great Grandfather lost his life working in the London docks during the war. I have many friends and familly living and working in the East End, and I am also proud to be a London man myself.

As the dialectizer also converts into Redneck, Elmur Fudd, Swedish Chef and Moron I guess apologies are due there as well.

....and as for getting the Artists on me! I hope they have better things to be doing. However I have enjoyed a couple of pints at their bar a few years back and found them to be sound guys. (and not just from the East End)

Enough of this willy jousting or I will pull the thread!

You have been warned Mr 4 houses...