PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Air Plane Drama

ZH875
6th Jul 2005, 12:21
Prince William In Mid-Air Plane Drama

"Prince William has been caught in a mid-air drama after a plane he was in failed twice to land in poor weather. ...the Prince did not even break a sweat and remained "completely relaxed", convinced he was "in good hands", a spokesman said."

William was travelling on the Air New Zealand flight to Invercargill when low clouds and poor visibility prompted the pilot to change course and return to Christchurch instead.

Wow, very dramatic, a fogbound airport, must have been very very scary:rolleyes:

Still, Journo's have to sell papers somehow.

PPRuNeUser0172
6th Jul 2005, 14:08
Should have got his old dad to land it, he loves downwind landings at unfamiliar airports with poor weather doesn't he?;)

Axel-Flo
6th Jul 2005, 14:47
Maybe they'll give him another medal to wear on his suit when he does civic duties. (Since I guess he has no right to a uniform yet) Does anyone know what medal he was wearing the other day on his suit when he met NZ veterans?

ZH875
6th Jul 2005, 14:56
He has been known to wear the Queens Golden Jubilee medal, for 5 years valuable service in something or other.

Perhaps it was one for wiping his own bottom.

soddim
6th Jul 2005, 18:21
According to the report William said that he knew he was in safe hands - are pilots now as trusted as doctors used to be?

ZK-NSJ
7th Jul 2005, 06:33
also according to a report it says that a 737 is a turboprop

Onan the Clumsy
7th Jul 2005, 15:26
It is...they just put a big cowl around the blades.

Samuel
8th Jul 2005, 02:28
Complete and utter bolleaux of course.

The flight was a scheduled Air New Zealand ATR72, and after two unsuccessful approaches the Captain decide the fog wasn't going to clear and took the alternate, a diversion to Christchurch.

All perfectly routine and normal!

Aynayda Pizaqvick
8th Jul 2005, 09:40
Must have been a rubbish day down south for him not to bother trying Dunedin or Qtown! Mind you, does Invercargill even have a VOR let alone an ILS?

reynoldsno1
13th Jul 2005, 20:58
Invercargill has a very fine Doppler VOR and an equally fine co-located DME. Any cost/benefit analysis could never justify an ILS for an airport serving a population of 50,000....

Onan the Clumsy
14th Jul 2005, 03:22
We had a bloke come out onetime and fool around near the runway (it was a while ago). I asked what he was doing and they said he was calibrating the ILS. "But we don't have an ILS" I responded. "I know. He brought it with him".

I think it was about as big as a suitcase.

Maybe they were pulling my leg.

Aynayda Pizaqvick
14th Jul 2005, 09:44
Im amazed... the population has actually topped 50,000 again!?

Speedpig
14th Jul 2005, 13:45
Farmer Bloggs has moved his sheep back in.