PDA

View Full Version : Riat 05

EESDL
5th Jul 2005, 16:24
Choppering corporate clients in to RIAT (ex Truckie Loadie's clients actually) Saturday, guess I'll wander over to Ali's tent for a non-alcoholic drink and hope to meet some ex-work colleagues there.
Have this strange feeling that once I've finished the extraction, could go u/s for the night rather than struggle back up't North.

Any pointers for a party?

bwfg3
6th Jul 2005, 10:55
Im there with the Lanc saturday nite so finding a party is a must. Where do the crews normally stay? This is my first RIAT and want to make it a good 'un

Flying_Anorak
6th Jul 2005, 23:53
I'm a volunteer with the RIAT photo Team so will be staying on the staff campsite for the next week or so. My understanding is that aircrew are accommodated locally but no doubt you will find a party somewhere (if you do and you want a photographer there - let me know).

I know of one rumoured 'volunteer' party / BBQ which usually takes place on Sat nite but I'd best not post venue on here if you get my drift.

Getting 'anorak' cleaned especially!

Icecap
7th Jul 2005, 12:15
Flying_Anorak -

I've no doubt they're happy to have a photographer at their party - just don't take your camera :ok:

bluetail
7th Jul 2005, 17:15
There will be loads of parties, just follow the RIAT Engineers, Try the Outback Bar, or the Bowl, both decent venues, and of course the Beer Tent, Saturday is usually tops, with some top totty as well.

Already getting me stuff packed, where did that year go

Green Flash
7th Jul 2005, 20:02
If my tiny beer soaked brain is correct, I believe there was an awesome party on the Brazilian? Herc last year! Didn't they have to send security in to close the procedings?

The Hanger Party, obviously, but last year they had the Rocks doing the doors and no ticket=no get in. Now, did anyone get any pictures of the two, er 'liberated' young maidens outside the beer tent?:ok: :}

Jobza Guddun
8th Jul 2005, 13:41
Yes, thank you.

They were subsequently thrown out by the Fun Police, who are an ever increasing threat to good times at RIAT. If they were in fact Rocks, SHAME ON YOU:yuk:

JG
RIAT Eng of 12 years

Pontius Navigator
8th Jul 2005, 19:41
My party starts at 10 on Friday and legless by 3 :O

Green Flash
8th Jul 2005, 21:30
Jobza

I believe the Regiment were not on the doors last year. However, I agree about the fun police though. :* A few years ago any off the ball tackles were quickly dealt with by the fire brigade! Now we are to enjoy ourselves but not have any fun. :hmm:

StopStart
8th Jul 2005, 23:13
Yes I seem to remember a few years back when the nice, orderly queue for the barbeque (or was it omelettes?) descended into a rather good food fight.... Fire brigade turned up to "dampen" our spirits :p Fun and games :D

All a bit too corporate and two-beers-only thank you nowadays :(

Pontius Navigator
9th Jul 2005, 12:11
Year before last the party seemed to start on the Nimrod. Hospitable crew but very well equipped American airman with a trolley and beer cooler. I think the rule was you were not allowed up the Nimrod ladder (no steps) until you had had two cans.

Descent by rope out of the other door!

US Herk
9th Jul 2005, 19:40
Year before last the party seemed to start on the Nimrod. Hospitable crew but very well equipped American airman with a trolley and beer cooler. I think the rule was you were not allowed up the Nimrod ladder (no steps) until you had had two cans.

Quite good, eh! I was fortunate enough to be the Captain on the MC-130H directly behind the Nimrod - at 1600 every day, we'd get on our large cooler-equipped golf cart & make the rounds passing out beer to all aircrew - inciting a party! After the first bus-ride back to the hotel with the Nimrod crew, the event organisers went to great pains to keep us apart whilst on the bus!!

Party on the port Nimrod wing!

Improving international relations through beer drinking!:D

Absolutely the best time I've had whilst on an airshow!!

Pontius Navigator
9th Jul 2005, 19:44
US Herk, many thanks for the beers. Great organisation.

US Herk, check PM

TBSG
9th Jul 2005, 20:59
My first post, and it had to be one on parties.

2 good airshow dits:

(1) the NZ Herc at Middle Wallop Airshow about 15 years ago, so overladen with beer that it had to be dug out of the grass runway

(2) the RNAS Yeovilton airshow in 1995 (I think) where the place to be was the aircrew beer tent on top of some large RAF aircraft's port wing (sorry I cannot remember the type). And the wardroom Cocktail Party was something else...

Those were the days!

Raffles01
10th Jul 2005, 02:45
It will be a pleasure to lead you guys away from your hungover states on the Monday, as it always is! From Leader 5's co-pilot (FOLLOW ME)!