PDA

View Full Version : royal navy chinook!!

ZK-NSJ
5th Jul 2005, 05:37
in a reuters article in the local rag here today showed some sailing event organised by that geldof fella, the picture showed 3 or 4 yachts with a quote " royal navy helicopter" flying above, the said chopper was a chinook, am i imagining things or is it creative reporting again

Always_broken_in_wilts
5th Jul 2005, 07:32
Obviously Journo bolleaux..........after all how would the Navy cope with something as sophisticated as the mighty Wokka:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Black 'n Yellar
5th Jul 2005, 11:42
It can't be that hard - they have a Royal Marine flying Chinooks now!!

ShyTorque
5th Jul 2005, 14:37
"they have a Royal Marine flying Chinooks"

Are you sure he's not used as a chock? :E

Safety_Helmut
5th Jul 2005, 14:45
Surely flying the thing is the easy bit, now fixing it........

Safety_Helmut :E

strek
5th Jul 2005, 15:01
Are you sure he's not used as a chock?

Don't insult my chocks - they are useful :ok:

P.S. Warmest regards to said bootneck :) if he reads this....

ORAC
5th Jul 2005, 15:04
So, do you call him Wedge? ;)

right chopper
5th Jul 2005, 17:23
Wonder why there are no SNCO Army pilots on Chinook exchange then?

althenick
5th Jul 2005, 18:43

...Because MP's and taxpayers may start asking why we pay an arm and leg for Commissioned aircrew in the other 2 services:mad:

airborne_artist
5th Jul 2005, 18:57

TWA got fed up with their NCO QFIs going on exchange to the light blue and applying for a transfer to the Cr@bs before their tour was up ..

12 PSI
5th Jul 2005, 21:09
Would this be the same Chinook spotted at IFOS flying an enormous White Ensign underneath?....:ok:

Sloppy Link
5th Jul 2005, 21:12
Had it occurred to you that we manoeuvered the individuals into that position so that they would transfer?

WebPilot
6th Jul 2005, 10:58
It's OK, just the media getting it wrong (again). During the BBC reporting of the flypast during the Trafalgar "celebrations", the commentator described the VC10 as a "Maritime Patrol Aircraft".

Situation normal, really.

212man
6th Jul 2005, 16:53
Couldn't have been any worse than the Sky News coverage (only news channel I had available at the time); I had to turn it over in the end. When the Sukhoi team arrived they were described as Hurricanes, and so it went on...!

ORAC
7th Jul 2005, 07:05
Don´t be silly, they´re flown by the army....

The Independent: Army flies in extra police for the battle of Gleneagles

Thousands of protesters clashed with police outside Gleneagles as they tried to storm the grounds where leaders of the world's richest nations were meeting, amid the largest security operation ever staged in Britain.

Police flew in reinforcements in Chinook helicopters as anti-capitalist activists, some waving flags, others dressed as clowns, broke through the perimeter fence that protects the G8 conference site yesterday. It is the first time military helicopters have been deployed by police against civilians on the British mainland........

31Goldstar
8th Jul 2005, 09:45
Well, That is technically correct...

The RAF just fly them, the Army control the Wokka's...

Not that the media types know, understand or give a monkeys..

exrotarybooty
9th Jul 2005, 11:33
I can't see what all the fuss is about a Royal Marine being able to fly a Chinook, as he's not the first!

We had one in the 1980s, who was also an A2 QHI on them, who is currently employed with the Chinook simulator; just because he changed uniform doesn't change the man!

Once a Marine - Always a Marine. ;)