PDA

View Full Version : Australian ATPL to UK/JAA licence?

9Ws
4th Jul 2005, 08:35
Having an Australian ATPL is it possible to convert it to a UK or JAA ATPL without having to write all the exams again?

If not directly ATPL --> ATPL, would the UK or any JAA licence state issue one with an ATPL --> CPL?

Pickled Dill
4th Jul 2005, 10:52
For a definitive answer from the UK side of things, I suggest you take a look at the CAA website (www.caa.co.uk) where you should find most of the information you are after. Any queries can be emailed to their FCL section for a fairly prompt reply (even though they say it can take up to 2 weeks). Good luck with it.....& start saving!

74world
5th Jul 2005, 07:23
Hi 9Ws,

Yes there is another way to convert your Oz ATPL into a UK ATPL without doing the 17 exams, all you need is:

3000 Hours on A/Cs above 30T engaged in international operations, in which 1500 hours has to be as PIC.
Then all you have to do is 2 exams (Air Law & Human performances) then a SIM check.

Hope that this info will help!
Cheers.....:p

redsnail
5th Jul 2005, 11:51
Yep,
That's the way around it. There's a caveat on it though. You'll only be allowed to fly G-reg aircraft. To fly for another JAA member state you'll have to do the 14 exams.

DBLE
6th Jul 2005, 01:20
The info. is contained in a document called LASORS available to download from the CAA website. Check out para G1.5 Note 2. Meanwhile I understand WAAC are putting together a conversion course for those who have to do the full set of 14 exams.

9Ws
6th Jul 2005, 11:20
WAAC? ...is that short for "Western Australia Aero Club"?

Sorry, I'm not from WA so not familiar with the schools there. Do they have a website?

Googlewac
6th Jul 2005, 23:16
WA Aviation College - www.waaviationcollege.com.au