PDA

View Full Version : Qantas schooling minima's

Frynog
2nd Jul 2005, 23:50
Hi, was just wondering if anyone could tell me if qantas have any lenience when it comes to their school grade minima's.

Due to being an idiot i slacked off in 7th form (nz last year of school) and managed to get 49% in physics, which although is regarded as a C "pass" in nz does not reach the 50/100 that qantas requests.

Would qantas look past this, or should i do one of those hsc physics in a month aviation courses?

obviously qantas isnt the only airline around but the more options the better.

Thanks

Transition Layer
3rd Jul 2005, 02:56
This has been done to death on these forums recently, do a search and see what you come up with, but as an alternative why don't you try this link:

Air New Zealand Pilot Careers (http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/aboutus/careers/pilots.htm)

Cheers,
TL

Frynog
3rd Jul 2005, 04:35
aha, evidently i could'nt spell minimums

esreverlluf
3rd Jul 2005, 12:48
Or even "minima"!

sir.pratt
3rd Jul 2005, 20:43
Are you sure it was only physics you slacked off in?

Mr.Buzzy
5th Jul 2005, 01:11
So if your standardized mark is "C PASS" who cares what the actual mark is. If you have a "Pass" you have a pass. Shut-up and show them the bit of paper that says "Pass"

This sounds like one of those interview questions where giving too much information only digs you a hole.

bbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

EPIRB
5th Jul 2005, 03:45
Looks like you'll have to do one of the approved courses. 49% won't be recognised.

slice
5th Jul 2005, 05:55
Qantas do explicitly state that a pass mark to them is 50% or above - see Pilot careers section on QF website.

Mr.Buzzy
5th Jul 2005, 06:41
thanks slice,

* Pass generally means an examination mark of 50/100 or better.

You would think that if the years average exam result was 30% and you scored 48% and were graded as a PASS with the mark of C, you would have no worries. (Unless the certificate actually states your individual unstandardized percentile score. Which I'm pretty sure is uncommon)

bbzzzzzbbzzzmybrainhurtsbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Alien Sex God
5th Jul 2005, 09:43
Didin't think you had one Buzz.

Mr.Buzzy
5th Jul 2005, 10:10
Alien Sex God,
I have and your mum said it was just fine.

bbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Alien Sex God
5th Jul 2005, 11:35
So your the young stud she's been raving about.

Mr.Buzzy
5th Jul 2005, 21:24
:ok:

bbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

scatboy3
30th Jul 2005, 08:37
I heard they are moving away from the term "fail" and replacing it with "deferred success"

TIMMEEEE
5th Aug 2005, 23:23
Scatboy3.

Very true as these idiots that mascerade as teachers in this politically correct world cant have students "failing".

They dont give a stuff about the student, but not having the "fail" word makes them look good.

Perhaps these so called "teachers" should be assessed as a function of their classes test results.
The only problem there is that the teachers would make the tests so damned easy.

Imagine their outrage if their students had to get 70 or 80% to pass a subject as do we!!

Go figure.