PDA

View Full Version : Ad-Aware SE

Bigwings
2nd Jul 2005, 14:41
Hi all

Recently been having problems updating the definition files in Ad-Aware Se, I keep getting the message that an error occured connecting to the server. I've tried upgrading to the latest version, (un installed the old version first) but I'm still getting the same problem.

Any ideas/help much appreciated.

Bigwings :ok:

maxell
2nd Jul 2005, 15:54
check your firewall settings for adaware if the program has updated the firewall may be blocking it because its changed since it was last allowed to connect to the net

Bigwings
3rd Jul 2005, 06:34
Hi Maxell and thanks for the reply. I've checked the firewall settings and all is OK, having said that I was getting the problem before the upgrade.

Seems strange because it had been working well...

Bigwings :confused:

mcdhu
3rd Jul 2005, 08:44
Interesting - I have had a similar thing a couple of times recently. but seemed to be ok if I gave up and came back later to try again.

Stick with it seems to be the message.

Cheers,
mcdhu

Duckbutt
3rd Jul 2005, 09:25
If its of any interest I couldn't update either when I tried yesterday afternoon but had no problems this morning.

frostbite
3rd Jul 2005, 11:59
I had similar upgrade problems and solved it by simple d/load of 1.06 then uninstal of 1.05 followed by install of 1.06.

Remember to move the defs file before uninstal and move it back after!

F4Fan
5th Jul 2005, 11:17
You can also update them manually.

Download them to your desktop and get the program to update but not via the interweb but via browse