PDA

View Full Version : Discovery wings

d2k73
2nd Jul 2005, 10:38
Im not to sure if this is in the right forum, if not could a moderator move it to the right forum......

Ive been watching discovery wings for a couple of years now, particularly on a thursday night when they have such programmes as "the flight" "flight deck"......etc.........

Does anyone know if they plan to make any more of these programmes in the near future? the seem to be showing the same thing on thursday night for the past couple of years!!

Cheers
Danny:ok:

Ontariotech
2nd Jul 2005, 12:01
Not sure. I do know of one show on the original discovery channel called "Flightpath". It takes a Canadaian point of view of aviation. It centers on one form of flying either by aircraft type, or by organization. They have done segments on the RCMP flying around up north doing investigations. Air Tindi, the float ops that move the cargo here there and everywhere. Ontario's Air Ambulance, and even the Canadian Armed forces. It's one of the best aviantion programs in my opinion, and beats anything Disc Wings has had too offer in recent years. ALso, in Canada, discovery wings is now the Military Channel.

I have it on Thursday Mornings here in Southern Ontario, I dunno about your area. :ok:

d2k73
2nd Jul 2005, 16:57
Im from ireland and i think its the same thing in the uk aswell.

seacue
2nd Jul 2005, 21:31
Discovery Wings was a product of Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA, though most of the individual shows were co-productions with various organizations all round the world.

It has been changed to the Military Channel here in the USA as well. A bummer for me since I'm more interested in the civil side.

I drive by Discovery at least once a week. Maybe I'll have to picket the place.