PDA

View Full Version : PDA's

jdoe
1st Jul 2005, 17:35
In the market for a new PDA and just weighing up the pro's and con's of the nokia 9500 and the xda 11i.
The problem I have with the 9500 is it cannot access web sites with secondary login pages. Does anyone know if the xda11i can? Is the microsoft browser better than the sybian?

jay_hl
1st Jul 2005, 18:15
Im also thinking about getting an XDA IIi with O2.

Anyone with any comments, I would be very greatfull!!

Guern
1st Jul 2005, 21:10
My Sony Ericsson P910i is good for me.

I can sync it with outlook, pick up emails from as amny accounts as I choose. I can open excel & word files as well as PDFS. Oh and I can make phone calls!

works well for me, but guess evryone is different

Memetic
3rd Jul 2005, 00:14
Jdoe

As I have just ordered a 9500 i'd can you explaine what you mean by,

"The problem I have with the 9500 is it cannot access web sites with secondary login pages"

It is probably blindingly obvious, but it's a bit late for my brian to be functioning fully.

Have you tried an alternative broswer? I find Opera on my p900 better than the built in browser.

SilentlyScreaming
4th Jul 2005, 08:51
On Windows based mobile devices (PDA/Smartphones etc.), an alternative browser is NetFront (post back if you can't find it on google) . Think its commercial, but there was a demo last time I looked.
It handles some sites a lot better, and allows Java Virtual Machine to be used.
To bring this answer back on topic, with Pocket Internet Explorer, I am unable to sign into Excite's web mail facility, with NetFront, I am....

Rans Flyer
4th Jul 2005, 15:31
I've got a XDAII, superb.

And if you link it to a bluetooth GPS receiver (about £90) you have a full moving map GPS that uses the real CAA charts.

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/maps_uk_intheair.htm#

I also download the latest 214 & 215 from the met office on it while at the airfield.

Les.