PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Red Arrow

NFI
1st Jul 2005, 11:08
At 10:15 today a RED ARROW HAWK passed over Humberside Airport with it's smoke on. What was the point, apart from speading diesel fumes over the area.

As the so called premier Advert for the Air Force was this counter productive when public opinion is changing regarding aircraft filling the atmoshere with sh!te.

Smoke at public displays is still acceptable, but for how long. Who would put up with the stuff that poured out of the old Boeings today.

As a side point the A18 is already a dangerous road, made even more hazardous with the residule diesel from this totaly un-necessary display....

bodach
1st Jul 2005, 11:31
when public opinion is changing regarding aircraft filling the atmoshere with sh!te.
To paraphrase a little, forum opinion will soon be clear on those who fill the interweb cyberspace with electronic bull manure :E

Why do the Red Arrow's attract such invective from some quarters? :confused:

NFI
1st Jul 2005, 12:26
My gripe is not with the Red Arrows it is the fact that it was pumping out smoke when it was not necessary.

i.e. I switch of my car in a traffic jam and walk when I can. But I am not in the public eye.

Specaircrew
1st Jul 2005, 12:29
Shame about the spelling and grammar! (eg it should be NOB not NFI);)

NFI
1st Jul 2005, 12:49
Stuff the grammer. Is there not a "K" in knob....

P.S. Hiope it rains at Waddington. No displays no smoke...

Zoom
1st Jul 2005, 13:13
Leaving your car in a traffic jam isn't too smart an idea either, MFI, and won't do much for the environment as all the drivers behind your abandoned jalopy rev their engines when trying to get past. You really should take your car with you in future.

And good for the Reds anyway. Let 'em smoke if they want to - they've earned it.

SASless
1st Jul 2005, 13:44
Some folks waste oxygen just by breathing too I guess.

NFI
1st Jul 2005, 14:16
Hope the government ban on smoking in public gets passed...

The Swinging Monkey
1st Jul 2005, 14:36
NFI

Why did you say that about Waddo?? What a petty thing to have said, when the rest of your thread was quite fair really. How sad, you jusy blew it with me.
By the way, there is no I in hope.
Kind regards
TSM

callsign Metman
1st Jul 2005, 14:50
best to ignore him.

CM

Beeayeate
1st Jul 2005, 15:01
Interesting that NFI stands for Not Fecking Interested.

:E

NFI
1st Jul 2005, 15:07
Still think should only be used when necessary,but as for Waddington.......

Hope it is a fantastic day, good displays with smoke as required and most of all a record day for the ROYAL AIR FORCE BENEVOLENT FUND...

SASless
1st Jul 2005, 15:24
NFI must not be a capitalist.....PR and Marketing skills would remind him of the value of what he observed as his original post proves the point.

Red airplane whizzing by equals red airplane whizzing by...some may know it is an aircraft similar to that of the Red Arrows...some may even recognize it as being a Red Arrow.

Big long plume of smoke trailing from the red airplane whizzing by.....it takes a village idiot not to know it is a RED ARROW.

Whence then anyone not that village idiot would begin to connect the dots....Red Arrow... here? Why? Airshow? Where? When?

Or ....am I off the mark here guys?

jindabyne
1st Jul 2005, 17:12
Definitely a strong whiff of diesel up his nostrils --------

Divergent Phugoid!
2nd Jul 2005, 19:42
Could it have possibly been the privately owned Gnat doing a flyby whilst on his way to meet his slot for Waddo?

Seem to remember a similar occurrence last year.

The A18 is already a dangerous road, made even more hazardous by plonkers looking to the skies instead of the road!

Did the diesel fumes cause an accident or a hazzard to other road users? I doubt it very much. A proficient driver would have been concentrating on his or her driving.

Wind your neck in mate and just think yourself lucky to have seen a red something or other in the air free of charge!

Just a thought.... Just another thought.... Does it really bloody matter??

Jet noise (and smoke on) the sound (and smell) of freedom!!

:E :E :E :ok: :ok: :ok:

NEastMidlands
2nd Jul 2005, 21:08
could it have been to do with the waddington airshow today and tommorow.