PDA

View Full Version : Cabair ATPL distance learning

Grass strip basher
24th Jun 2005, 13:52
Hello all

Does anyone have any experience of the cabair distance learning course for the ATPL exams??

What attracts me to cabair is the fact that they have divided the subjects into 4 blocks rather than the usual 2. Taking a week off work each time I have to do the compulsory classroom bit is much easier for me than the usual two weeks (just not possible... work would kill me.... which unfortunately rules out Bristol (who I hear are top notch) and others).

Anyone who has actually used their distance learnings got any comments on the quality of notes/instructors etc etc??
Or indeed does anyone know any other training school that splits in a similar was to Cabair

Many thanks for any help you can give... the long search for the best route to a frozen ATPL goes on.....

GSB

topcat450
24th Jun 2005, 13:59
Nope - but for what it's worth, Atlantic FLight Training split it into 2 blocks - but only have 1 weeks brush up before each one - if it's time of which is constraining you.

They seem to think that 1 week will be enough.

However - haven't used them myself so can't recommend one way or an other.

Whispering Giant
24th Jun 2005, 15:37
Grass strip basher - PM me for more detail's

I did the Distance learning course there 2 years ago and passed with a 89% average all my ground exam's - so it worked for me...

brgds
W.G

smith
24th Jun 2005, 19:03
Glasgow also do 3 modules with one week brush up.

finals24
25th Jun 2005, 09:48
First rate course, great instructors BUT you have to keep up with the programme prior to the revision courses. You are using up 4 sittings so it important to achieve a high percentage of 1st time passes. I completed the course 18 months ago also with first time passes and an average 89% mark. Proof that hard work plus excellent instruction does pay dividends.

The 4 week long revision periods were invaluable. To me it was quite amazing how they managed to get us up to the required level in such a short timescale. Also doing a maximum of 4 exams at a time is quite manageable doing 6 or 7 would have been much harder.

Grass strip basher
27th Jun 2005, 10:46
Many thanks for your replies

Am also now considering London Met Uni's distance learning course post some helpful feedback.

Has anyone else who has done this course got a strong opinion one way or the other as to its quality??

Cheers

GSB

Philip Aerodynamics
27th Jun 2005, 11:34
These are the guys ex Raf with Dave "duk" Webb, I think is the only instructor left who has flown supersonic heŽll teach you just a little about Principles of Flight!! With 6500 hrs on Lightenings and Jaguars hes a sure bet. Pete Swatton former squadron leader, he actually writes the Performance book. Plus the jolly Roger Henshaw Ex raf navigator hes Head of training. Check www.gtserv.co.uk you wonŽt hear a bad word said about them from any school or former student.