PDA

View Full Version : Gone for me the Raybans....

Axel-Flo
22nd Jun 2005, 16:23
I'm spec aircrew, listen to The Togmeister on Radio 2 and not only understand but agree with every sentiment in Grumpy Old Men...the final straw however, has come with my new CFS with the graduated tint.
Now I know a few years back Beags used to wear them, not to mention extole the virtues of said items, but the're just not as Top Gunish, cool trendy and windswept looking as a pair of Oakleys or Raybans.
Have to admit though for above and below the coaming work they help my scan and are bloody great.... "mint imperial anyone?":8

BEagle
22nd Jun 2005, 17:36
Sadly I too had to stop using my cool GW1 mirror-shade RayBans when anno domini took effect and presbyopia became significant....

The 2 tone Corrective Flying Specs look daft, but work very well. Originally I had 2 pairs...

Then I had another prescription 2 years later. This time I was told that I couldn't have 2 pairs, only 1 plus a single dark set. All my protestations fell on deaf ears of ar$ehole beancounters.....but then I pulled the B&Y so it was no longer an issue. This typical jobsworthism was just another of the many 'push' factors!

Surely it isn't beyond the wit of man to design varifocal graduated tint shades which don't look schoolma'am-ish?

Another of those things which BEagleTech must get round to designing one day - as well as an aircrew torch which works, a decent propelling chinagraph and a strap-on..............wait for it, girls..................kneepad which will take a standard spiral bound A5 notepad.

Onan the Clumsy
22nd Jun 2005, 17:38
If you were ever to take a vacation, or indeed a holiday, and decided on Africa, perhaps to see the vast array of wildlife, I might suggest the Serengetti would perhaps afford you the optimum view.