PDA

View Full Version : Need to get from Ireland to Canada- How??

Emerald flyer
22nd Jun 2005, 10:30
Hi all,

I'm going to Moncton soon for a JAA CPL and was wondering what options there are for getting to Canada from Ireland.
The nearest big city is Halifax, Nova Scotia.

The best I've found so far is Zoom airlines Belfast-Halifax.
The American carriers seem to go first to the U.S and then onwards and appear to be more expensive. Air Canada is a bit pricey too (ever feel like you've just answered your own question!?)

Perhaps someone out there knows of another carrier(s) (perhaps seasonal) which may offer a better deal?

regards,

E.M.
:O

pointedinfinity
22nd Jun 2005, 12:38
Good luck, you're going to need it.

Monton's JAA program is 100% screwed up, so make sure you book an open return. Or better still, don't waste your money going.

Emerald flyer
22nd Jun 2005, 12:46
I'm curious to know why you think its "screwed up"? I've never been there before so can't comment.

Could you perhaps elaborate on how you've come to form your point of view? I'd be interested to hear your (and anyone else's) views on this.

regards

E.M.
Ireland.

apoball
22nd Jun 2005, 15:15
Here's also curious as to why pointedinfinity thinks Moncton's CPL course is screwed up.

I'm also looking at going to Moncton through PTC Bournemouth and everything that I've seen looks positive: The Aircraft are new, the facilities are excellent, the instructors seemed good. The only question that I still have is that of JAA Examiner availability. Any other information about Moncton would be read with great interest by this trainee.

So far as getting to Canada is concerned: Last year Zoom were doing 100 quid each way from Gatwick, but that's probably of no use to you. Sorry.