PDA

View Full Version : Oxford or Stapleford

bycrewlgw
21st Jun 2005, 20:35
Hey guys! I'm looking into starting pilots training in Sept (Ab initio through professional) and am torn between two schools - oxford and stapleford - both have big advantages but was just wondering which people think would be the best ? Am arranging visits to look around soon! Any info would be much appeciated !
Thanks !

A and C
22nd Jun 2005, 06:49
Oxford is the place for you as they have some very good deals with some airlines to get you a job after your training.

I say this with much regret as I think the way that they have treated there modular students in the past two or three years shows that they are totaly lacking in any moral obligation to help them find a job despite the fact that they hint that they will before you start the course.
The bottom line is they produce a very good product and are only interested in your money, and will help get you a job only if you buy the overpriced integrated course despite the fact that the modular guys have to pass the same exams they will not get any support when job hunting.

If it was not for the job deals that Oxford have done with some airlines ( that give the airlines some tax advantages) I would recomend Satpleford.
They have a very good reputation and you would undoubtedly pay less and enjoy the training a lot more and in my view be a better First officer at the end of it.

At this point I have to say that I have no conection with these establishments but have flown with First Officers from both Oxford and stapleford and have drawn these conclutions from a wide "database".