PDA

View Full Version : Local Captain

rhdriver
20th Jun 2005, 12:13
Flew with a local captain the other day.He was such a ***** and treated me like ****.Missed a lot of things himself.If I weren't there he would be in deep trouble.

A/T less
20th Jun 2005, 12:36
I'm sure you have never flown with a ***** expat captain.

Why are you now making a post concerning a local captain? got something against locals?

Dixi Normus
20th Jun 2005, 14:37
This should be interesting.......let the fireworks begin! BTW are you talking about CX or KA?:E

404 Titan
20th Jun 2005, 14:54
I see "rhdriver" first registered as a PPruner on the same day he posted. I suspect this is a windup gentleman and we should ignore the *****. I could name a few expats that I have flown with that are ****** as well but I’m not going to cry about it. Lets just say that there are a few bad apples of all nationalities but the majority are champions to fly with including local captains.

tamalai
21st Jun 2005, 03:00
RHdriver......I would hazard to suggest that the reason he treated you like **** is because you are a nasty little ****!!
We all fly with people we don't get along with, but generally this is compensated by the majority of excellent people that we have the pleasure to work with
"He'd be in trouble if I wasn't there" ???? more likely he was working so hard dealing with a petulent, obstructive F/O that his concentration wavered occasionally, hardly suprising really!!

If this is all you can find to post I hope you never have to deal with a similar situation from the left hand seat..............................you'll soon find that being a ***** is not the exclusive domain of those who sit on the left!!!

Flying Bagel
21st Jun 2005, 04:32
You whine like you're still in high school. If this is an attempt at a windup, you're also disqualifying yourself as a windup artist.

I'd be sad if there really was someone flying in our company with such an advanced level of maturity. I sincerely hope that's not the case.

Flap 5
21st Jun 2005, 08:17
In my experience an F/O like you rh tends to concentrate too much on the detail. The Captain has to deal with the overall picture. I had an F/O call 'speed' on me once just as we were about to touch down in the flare, extraordinary! No doubt he thought I would be in 'deep trouble' if I had missed that bit of information! ;)

Fly747
21st Jun 2005, 15:23
It's all been said! I look forward to flying with you rh so I can treat you like you deserve.

411A
25th Jun 2005, 14:23
Actually....I think rhdriver should be sent to the cabin, where he belongs.:yuk:

sinkingship
25th Jun 2005, 16:30
sorry to drag this topic on which shouldn't have even been started, but look at your name, rhdriver, that where you will always be with an attitude like that

Left Wing
26th Jun 2005, 05:04
In the cabin, where he belongs. Even there the local crew should kick his a$$ in place.:mad:

Kapt. Ive
26th Jun 2005, 14:53
You;ll learn sometime: we're only allowed to complain about the locals in the pub when we're p!55ed and thinking clearly. Not here in an open forum where it's embarrassing for everyone to find out that most of us expat pilots are racist bigots.

Guru
27th Jun 2005, 03:21
Go to the fleet office and demand to swap seats with him.

doubleu-anker
2nd Jul 2005, 22:07
rhdriver

Good job you were on board and saved all those souls when the going got tough.

Reminds me of an engineer I once worked with, who would greate a defect, with discretion and would then recity the said defect wallowing in the glory of it all, then demand to be elevated to high office. He couldn't work out why he was evenyually sacked. :O

WrongWayCorrigan
21st Jul 2005, 14:02
You can't and shouldn't get away with that kind of rascism in HK. Disgraceful.

Flap 5
21st Jul 2005, 16:39
.You can't and shouldn't get away with that kind of rascism in HK. Disgraceful.

WWC,

I do hate it when someone comes on here and moans about racism. There are cultural differences between races and they should be discussed. Indeed there is a serious problem with passive first officers from far eastern cultures which has lead to unnecessary accidents (i.e. China Airlines 747-400 going off the end of Kai Tak in the 90's).

What is of primary importance is that the aircraft and passengers are safe. This requires cooperation in the cockpit whatever race and culture is involved.

cpdude
21st Jul 2005, 20:53
Racism is...

Discussion or conversation dealing with the problems or shortcomings of any race other than Caucasion and any religion other than Christianity!;)

WrongWayCorrigan
22nd Jul 2005, 08:51
F5 - I hear what you're saying. But this guy's comments are out of order.

And "I hate it" sounds like this whole discussion is for your benefit alone. Sorry to make you hate things, you poor dear.