PDA

View Full Version : This is What the Interweb's For ...

An Teallach
19th Jun 2005, 20:47
I have to recommend this thread on ARRSE, I haven't laughed so much in ages. This RTFQ chap is up there with the best of them!

Pardon My Erection (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=11943/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html)

WARNING: Do not attempt to read it at work. If you're anything like me you'll be in tears, serious pain and laughing helplessly for some time!

ZH875
19th Jun 2005, 21:43
Now I know why ARRSE is a seperate site.

Captain Kirk
19th Jun 2005, 21:47
Brilliant post - I nearly swallowed my tongue laughing.

AT - cool User Name. One of my favourites.

J.A.F.O.
19th Jun 2005, 22:33
Must agree with the chap named after the Herc, it's quite clear why the Army need their own site.

diginagain
20th Jun 2005, 01:55
Guys, remember that ARRsE is open to quite a wide spectrum, from all ranks, trades and arms, so while it can look a little 'plebian' in comparison to PPRuNe, from their perspective the Mil section of PPRuNe is positively elitist. Imagine what this board would look like if it was open to O/R's?

RTFQ is, IMHO both literate and humourous, AND holds the Queens Commission, probably like a lot on here, and not many over there. :D

Edited to point out that the O/R point was completely tongue-in-cheek, but I couldn't find a suitable smiley. Besides, the dark-blue and really-dark-blue O/Rs are of a much higher standard than Arrse's, aren't they? There, that better, Gainsey?

Gainesy
20th Jun 2005, 06:20
Imagine what this board would look like if it was open to O/R's?

It is.

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Jun 2005, 06:51
Been reading the arrse site for a while now, with the odd contribution.

An excellent site and RTFQ is urine funny as well as literate and knowledgeable.

Thud_and_Blunder
20th Jun 2005, 12:32
AT,

I officially hate you. I have just effectively lost an entire day, any vestige of credibility with any neighbours within earshot and am facing a serious cleaning bill for some IT equipment.

Oh, and I'm also eternally grateful for all the above! I shall keep that thread as the perfect antidote to all that the sandpit sends my way. Huge thanks!

:ok:

An Teallach
21st Jun 2005, 08:03
Cheers, TaB and Jings Cap'n, I've been cried mony things in ma time but cool isnae wan o them. The engines cannae take it Cap'n, ye cannae mix matter'n'anti-matter!

I can only assume some commentators didn't persevere to reach the quality comedy. Dit No 1 has, perhaps, been written before our RTFQ heroes got fully into their stride. Or, is it perhaps just that An Teallach Mhor can still remember what it was like when An Teallach Beag had a mind of his own?

PlasticCabDriver
22nd Jun 2005, 12:20
I can also recommend this thread:Squaddies trying to behave like proper people (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=10839.html)

in which RTFQ features quite highly as well.