PDA

View Full Version : Transport from DB to work about to get harder

D.B.er
19th Jun 2005, 08:32
Just read in "Dbay community" inaugural issue that “In response to our application for a coach service to Sunny Bay, the government once suggested that we should cancel the Tung Chung service, as the policy is that only one route should be approved to connect to the nearest MTR station.” The article then goes on to say that in the recent transport survey (how many of US bothered to respond?) a large majority of THOSE RESPONDING would switch to sunny bay rather than Tung Chung.
This will particularly affect us in Dragonair, ATC and other people who do not go directly to the terminal or CX, but may also affect those of you living in the greens as you may no longer be able to get on the airport bus, which will now be much busier!
I suggest we ALL write to Island District Councillor Amy Yung (who was very helpful in setting up the overnight airport bus) to indicate our concerns and possibly the effect it could have on fatigue for aviation safety if we have more difficult and longer journeys to work.
At the very least we should tell her that if the Tung Chung frequency has to be reduced, it should run at different times to the Airport bus so that on standby call out we have another option to get in sooner.

If anyone can tell me how to post a picture or attachment, I will scan the article, and also attach a word questionnaire that Amy has provided. Otherwise her contact details are below. Please take the time to write.

From Mary: “I urge you to actively participate in this survey and fill in the questionnaire. Please return the completed questionnaire to my mailbox at the southern exit of DB Pier, email to [email protected], fax at 2541 5660 or send by post to my office at Room 802, Nan Fung Tower, 173 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong.”

Regards
D.B.er