PDA

View Full Version : Jodie Kidd flies in a T-8

Razor61
17th Jun 2005, 14:52
Click Here (http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/rn/content.php3?page=1&article=908) for the story. She looks a bit tall to fit in that cockpit!

Always_broken_in_wilts
17th Jun 2005, 15:26
Commander Mitchell said:
"Jodie would make a perfect Royal Navy pilot."

She's a super model know best for her lingerie shots:E ..........so maybe he has a point:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

STANDTO
17th Jun 2005, 16:15
Bloody ridiculous!

For years I bought both fuel for my cars, and heating oil, from the same people that supply the Red Arrows. Thousands of pounds worth. I bought so much they used to send me a company magazine.

Then some rally driver who'se car they sponsored got a trip up with them, so I wrote in and asked why, seeing as I had spent thousands with them (as opposed to them spending thousands on the rally driver) could they not arrange the same for me.

I am a big Jodie fan, but why does it always have to be Blue Peter presenters and supermodels? (pretty obvious I would have thought, but one can't say that in this day and age, can one?)

I've just re-read this and Quote:

'Until her visit to 899 Naval Air Squadron, Jodie had never flown in a military aircraft.............'

Well I've visited a few air bases in my time and STILL HAVEN'T!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

StopStart
17th Jun 2005, 16:18
Erm......you decide.....

Slow day in ops, knock at the door. Two people standing there, both after a flight in a jet. One is fast car-driving supermodel other is some bloke with a slight smell of heating oil.

Who do you take flying?

:p

goldcup
17th Jun 2005, 16:31
Stoppers- I'm a VC10 mate. I always have someone who smells faintly of oil on the flight deck....

Always_broken_in_wilts
17th Jun 2005, 18:08
Whilst the other one smells of wee.................none of that on the mighty J:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Onan the Clumsy
17th Jun 2005, 18:26
Slow day in ops, knock at the door. Two people standing there, both after a flight in a jet. One is fast car-driving supermodel other is some bloke with a slight smell of heating oil. Oddly enough, they're still there seven hours later, with some grainy photographs tucked under their arms and clutching a small black spherical thing with a sort of fizzing fusey looking bit at the top...

Tonkenna
17th Jun 2005, 18:35
To be honest... who cares if Ms Kidd got a flight in anything... woopy-bl00dy-do:zzz: I don't even know who she is... some D-list celeb I have know doubt... hardly news:hmm:

Tonks:zzz: :zzz:

Thud_and_Blunder
17th Jun 2005, 18:44
from the article:
"This is on a different plain to what I've done before."
- oh dear. Even if they'd spelt it correctly, it wouldn't have been the finest quote concerning a first-flight-on-type.

Or maybe the entire sortie was spent on SPTA?

goldcup
17th Jun 2005, 19:06
Bloody hell Tonks- you're turning in to BEagle!!! Guess that fresh South Atlantic air is making you grumpy.

PS Have you heard of the Beatles? They're a beat combo popular amongst the young people.

Tonkenna
17th Jun 2005, 19:24
Ummmmmmm... sorry, but I just couldn't care less about some bird who's only talent is walking in a straight line with some sh1te "fashion" drapped over her. No doubt you are wasting you life watching Big Brother and some Love Island thing... they are full of the same kind of pointless people...:) :rolleyes:

Tonks;)

Toxteth O'Grady
17th Jun 2005, 19:30
Commander Mitchell said:
"Jodie would make a perfect Royal Navy pilot."

Does that mean she takes it up the....

:cool:

TOG

WE Branch Fanatic
17th Jun 2005, 19:36
...........Ski Ramp?

:confused:

BEagle
17th Jun 2005, 20:25
I thought Jodi Kidd did pretty well on Top Gear! A very nice, well spoken young lady as well as being a talented driver! Far, far more interesting than the usual fashion model who has the brains of a duck and the body of a roll top desk!

PS - Jodi, if you're reading this....you wouldn't have to ask!

goldcup, a 'beat combo'...? Haven't heard that term since 1962!

Fox3snapshot
18th Jun 2005, 01:00
Had a top night with Jodi at a charity ball at the Dorchester in London, my Kiwi mate and I were not the flavour of the month with the "snooty" waiters though....especially when said Kiwi mate got the girls sucking vodka from the ice sculpture as he poured it down the head of the mermaid.

I Kidd you not, photo's to prove it.....:E

Yippee Ki Yi Yay!

STANDTO
18th Jun 2005, 08:24
None of this is really helping. Some people find the smell paraffin quite attractive.

I might add though, I don't. However, as a taxpayer and supporter of fuel companies, surely I have some rights?

JagMate
18th Jun 2005, 11:58
STANDTO
What the hell is your point. You once bought some deisel from a firm that supplies the Red Arrows and you expect a trip with the team.
Furthermore, this website is called the Proffessional Pilots RN. Please elaborate your claim to being a proffessional pilot. If you find dificulty doing this (and if it's 10 hrs in a light aircraft I suggest that there is a more suitable forum for you) just f*** o**. Leave this forum for those who's views count.

BEagle
18th Jun 2005, 13:18
Backs to the wall, there's a JagMate around....

It's 'diesel', not 'deisel',

'Professional', not 'proffessional',

'Difficulty', not 'dificulty',

'Whose', not 'Who's'

But I understand where you're 'coming from', chum. Rather more than I actually understand whatever the heck the point it is that STANDTO is trying to make!

Oh - and what an excellent station Colt is! It'll be a sad loss if the beancounters really do close it...:{

Toxteth O'Grady
18th Jun 2005, 14:44
Tch tch Beags

Ya missed one!

There should also be a question mark and not a fullstop at the end of the first sentence. ;)

Perhaps a question mark at the end of the second sentence would also better emphasise the irony of the statement as a rhetorical question?

What's the point of rhetorical questions?

:cool:

TOG

JagMate
18th Jun 2005, 15:20
Thanks BEagle, I should post in less haste - but I felt the need to shoot from the hip.
(p.s. Were you my ISS tutor by any chance? If not, you should have been.)

ZH875
18th Jun 2005, 15:23
She looks a bit tall to fit in that cockpit!

No problem, the Harrier can take a pilot and his ego, so whats 'er name would easily fit in.

BEagle
18th Jun 2005, 16:51
ISS? No - I was too busy to bother doing ISS myself! Gave a few chums the odd helping hand though.

stiknruda
18th Jun 2005, 17:07
That'll be spec aircrew, F/L BEagle, then? ;)

Stik

BEagle
18th Jun 2005, 17:20
Nope. Spec Aircrew Sqn Ldr (Retd)....

Fox3snapshot
18th Jun 2005, 17:28
Does nobody care I spent a night with Jodi...the aeroplane (for our Brit subscribers) loving babe!!!!!!!

Geeeeez the things ya have to do to get some attention these days....:{

BEagle
18th Jun 2005, 17:37
Presumably you mean an 'evening', rather than a 'night'....?

:eek:

effortless
18th Jun 2005, 18:21
Oh - and what an excellent station Colt is! It'll be a sad loss if the beancounters really do close it
AAargh not true surely!
http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/eek2.gif

Guern
18th Jun 2005, 18:26
Fox3snapshot

Do we get to see the pics?

G-KEST
18th Jun 2005, 19:42
Jealous as hell but she comes over as a very pleasant young woman with a fabulous body and looks. If anyone is to get a ride in a Shar then why not Jodie. It will generate great publicity for the fish heads.
In my next incarnation I want to be a beautiful woman as I am a bit fed up of being a 67 year old, slightly obese and balding, retired pilot with over 13,000 hours but never in one of Hawkers finest - except in the sim.
Damned if I will refer to it as built by BAe Systems.....!!! Sounds like one of those "dot.com" outfits that will go "tits-up" any time soon.
Cheers,
Trapper 69
PS - Those who know me might amend "slightly obese" to "fat b***ard" - ah well the truth will out.

Fox3snapshot
18th Jun 2005, 23:28
In Order....

Guern: Would love to the post the pics...anyone willing to host them!:p

G-Kest ...Yes she is the coolest babe you could ever imagine...but some of your other comments make me a little concerned about your imagination...:uhoh:

effortless Had some awesome times at colt, actually disregard...they all happened in town! :ugh:

Yippee Ki Yi Yay!

Fox3snapshot
19th Jun 2005, 09:38
:p .....Yeah pretty classy Ozzy's and Kiwi's on tour!

Will be around most of summer...Monza for the F1 in September.

:ok:

STANDTO
19th Jun 2005, 16:09
Dearest Jag-chum,

First of all, I do not claim, never have claimed, and am unlikely in the near future to claim, that I am a pilot. Indeed, even the professional side of things can be a bit of a stretch sometimes. However, I have survived on these forums for several years now, provoked lively debate, and thrown my tuppeno'th in every now and then. My profile is there for all to see, and does not hide behind some Walter Mitty fantasy.

What I do enjoy, is a bit of banter, which this particular thread has collapsed into. It's a harmless bit of fun, pointing out how much easier it is to massage a fast jet pilot's ego and blag a ride in a pointy thing if you are blessed with the looks and personality of Miss Jodie. I am pretty sure she didn't go looking for it, so to speak.

I am now stacking sandbags into a small shelter into which I can repair awhile.

I am right about the heating oil thing though - it's only right. :E

Navaleye
20th Jun 2005, 13:12
Jodi Kidd, dressed in lingerie covered in paraffin would get my vote for a ride in a T8 any time. :ok:

AllTrimDoubt
20th Jun 2005, 13:39
"Jodi Kidd, dressed in lingerie covered in paraffin would get my vote for a ride in a T8 any time. "

....Jodi Kidd, dressed in lingerie covered in paraffin would get my vote for a ride....Nuff said!

Widger
20th Jun 2005, 13:40
WEBF, shouldn't you be getting this merged into the Sea Jet thread, to get your monthly Stats up?

Oh and that would be a Marine Cross Dressing Pilot by the way!

Junglie
20th Jun 2005, 13:59
STANDTO i haven't read your profile but i'm guessing and, forgive me if i'm wrong, that if the Navy chose to fly you in the back of a T8 you would also be a ble to provide them with the same as Miss Kidd.
i.e. 1. Huge amounts of free publicity both on local and national news raising awareness of the RN's current drive to recruit pilots into the Fleet Air Arm and in particular fixed wing aviation.
2. Appealing to the kind of age group that the RN are trying to recruit, both boys and girls.

I'm sure that if you are able to provide this as a result of flying in the back seat of a T8 then the boys down at Yeovilton would be willing to fly you !!

It's not really that much of a stretch of the cells to work out why she was chosen and the benefits of doing so?! Personally i think it's a bit of a PR coup to get an ex supermodel who wouldn't get out of bed for less than ten grand a day to help the RN out on their recruiting drive.

STANDTO
20th Jun 2005, 15:54
I might be able to supply a slab of beer and a tin of shortbread?

It wasn't exactly heaps of publicity though, was it? a line or two in Yeovilton Weekly.

I've got to accept it - Jodie is just better looking than me, and is always going to get the breaks.

BTW boys, I hear Michelle McManus is quite interested in promoting the Service north of the border...............................

:ok:

( I hope we aren't taking this thread to seriously. )

spinstallaeropfl
20th Jun 2005, 18:56
So that's what Henry is up to now... nice to see nothing much has changed...! Thinking back a bit, wasn't it Henry's old VW Beetle that went up in smoke on the lawn outside the old Valley Mess...?!

SSAP

Hueymeister
21st Jun 2005, 07:10
Ahhh, but knowing the RN SOMEONE must have sniffed the seat/flying suit afterwards...didn't they?

Runaway Gun
21st Jun 2005, 19:53
It's probably on ebay :ok:

junglies big brother
24th Jun 2005, 20:56
Junglie
Glad to see you back again !
Am I not mistaken but were you not a bit close to our ' Star in a reasonably priced car ' race winner the other day and therefore a bit overawed by her wit and charm ?
but you are also right ... back seat ?

STANDTO
25th Jun 2005, 09:38
BAck seat, BACK SEAT??!!

Oh no! I want to sit in the front and drive as well.

BTW, does anyone know how that 'Harrier for Muppets' is progressing? the one where you pull to go up and push to go down. I read an article on it a while back and it sounded much easier than the proper way of doing it.

How hard can it really be (insert tongue in cheek smilie here)

Junglie
28th Jun 2005, 19:57
Watch it standto or i'll send my big brother around to sort you and your meddling ways out !!:E

Oh and to answer your question i believe it has just finished some trials at sea. Went very well apparently

junglies big brother
28th Jun 2005, 20:10
Now then Junglie dont go promising things you may not be able to produce.....Standto may be much bigger than me !!

brakedwell
29th Jun 2005, 06:39
Will Jordan be next, or would the C of G shift be too great to cope with?

Navaleye
29th Jun 2005, 07:33
Would the Navy have a flying suit big enough?

Widger
29th Jun 2005, 08:05
"Brave's" one was pretty damn big!!