PDA

View Full Version : SAM 7 / Stinger INFO

I.R.PIRATE
16th Jun 2005, 11:11
Hi there folks, Im looking for some info on SAM 7's and Stinger missiles... Any info regarding their IR tracking and techniques for avoidance. Things are starting to heat up here, and i'm looking for some info for my back pocket. Thanks. IRP

Kim Il Jong
16th Jun 2005, 11:58
Oh yes, let me go and get my secret SAM handbook and divulge it all on the net.

If you are for real, speak to your Into/tactics guru.

passpartout
16th Jun 2005, 12:03
How about,

One's Russian and one's American.

teeteringhead
16th Jun 2005, 12:04
Have to agree Kim ... one smells a fish. 116 posts in six months, mostly on the African fora .......

...... does The Sun have a Jo'burg office.........

Tigs2
16th Jun 2005, 12:40
IRP
this falls into the category of 'simply unbelievable posts'. I know we often have stupid discussions on this forum but do you think that means that we are stupid??

Mad_Mark
16th Jun 2005, 12:58
Pirate,

If you are indeed genuine, which I highly doubt, you should have had a comprehensive out brief before deploying. If not, then you should do 2 things...

1. Give your homeplate a bl00dy good rolocking for their lack of support.

2. Seek out your local IntO and ask him/her in theatre.

I find your stupidity, to deploy without adequate information and then to ask that question here, simply too unbelievable to be true. So, just a couple more words for you - POKE OFF :mad:

MadMark!!! :mad:

SASless
16th Jun 2005, 15:03
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/sa-7.htm

What a miracle Google is....one types "SA-7" then hits "Enter"

Mad_Mark
16th Jun 2005, 16:26
Come on Mike, remember that the good ol' US of A is at least 5 hours behind us :ok:

MadMark!!! :mad:

Oggin Aviator
16th Jun 2005, 16:55
8 in some places and 10 in Hawaii.

vecvechookattack
16th Jun 2005, 16:59
Mad Mark clearly does not realise how the Armed Forces (Bar the RAF) Operate.

Ask your IntO ???? what bloomin IntO ?

Comprehensive Outbrief.....whats an Outbrief ?

You'll now be telling us that the RAF have "comprehensive outbriefs" when ever they deploy for Operations and that each squadron has an Intelligence Officer who will brief the crews on threat parameters and tactical procedures...

BB

mr ripley
16th Jun 2005, 17:00
Why don't you try the manufacturer? KBM: Konstruktorskoye Byuro Mashynostroyeniya (http://www.kbm.ru/en/)

Regards

rivetjoint
16th Jun 2005, 17:44
Isn't Stinger what the police use to pierce the tyres on cars in high speed pursuits?

FEBA
16th Jun 2005, 17:46
Interesting that I R Pirate is an anagram of
IRA Tripe !

Mad_Mark
16th Jun 2005, 22:19
Mad Mark clearly does not realise how the Armed Forces (Bar the RAF) Operate.

Ask your IntO ???? what bloomin IntO ?

Comprehensive Outbrief.....whats an Outbrief ?

You'll now be telling us that the RAF have "comprehensive outbriefs" when ever they deploy for Operations and that each squadron has an Intelligence Officer who will brief the crews on threat parameters and tactical procedures...

VecVec, what are you saying? You have no IntO? Surely shortages and cutbacks haven't effected even you :sad:

No, not all sqns have IntO's, but all major deployment locations I have been to do, whether full time, reservists or Ops Sup taking on the role with access to the relevant info.

As for "comprehensive outbriefs", if you are not being offered an int brief on the important factors in the op area then you should ask for one. Anyone heading into a trouble-spot without a good working knowledge of the possible threat against them is an idiot :eek: Int cells are there to provide YOU with a service. If YOU choose not to use that service then that is your own fault.

If you have no access to an IntO then maybe you should reconsider your views on overstretch ;)

MadMak!!! :mad:

ZH875
16th Jun 2005, 22:38
And there was I, thinking vecvechookattack was a living god, who knew everything and everyone.

Seems I was wrong again.

Stinger - Bang!

SA-7 - Bangski!

vecvechookattack
17th Jun 2005, 09:43
Hmmmmm...maybe the RN are missing something. I have never met an IntO. Either in the UK or in theatre.

Int Cells..???? what are they?

On most RN ships there are just 2 warfare officers. One conderned with ASW and the other with AWW. They dont have offices and they dont operate Int cells.

bighedsmallface
17th Jun 2005, 09:51
and i.e. i r prat