PDA

View Full Version : Training in North East England

waveydavey
15th Jun 2005, 18:45
Anybody trained in the North East of England?
I can't see any of the flight training organisations up here listed in the CAA approved list that can train to CPL... or am I missing something?

YYZ
15th Jun 2005, 19:06
Are you looking specifically for the Newcastle area? Or can you venture further? Say Leeds, Humberside?

YYZ

BillieBob
15th Jun 2005, 19:20
The only FTO in the northeast of England approved for the modular CPL(A) is St. George Flight Training at Teeside. The nearest alternatives would be Humberside, Leeds, Manchester or Liverpool.

waveydavey
15th Jun 2005, 19:34
I can venture further but there is a limit, otherwise I would add a small fortune in training costs just travelling there! Teesside seems a reasonable distance.

I had a look at the St George Flight Training website - has anyone any experience of them?

the flyingenglishman
15th Jun 2005, 19:56
I do a bit of flying out of Teesside. Experience of St George is good, but I would say that they are mainly geared up for PPL training. I know a few people who have done their CPL with them and they have then tended to follow on and do their flight instructor rating with them aswell, which upon completion their is normally a position available for you at the club. If you're interested best thing I can advise is go down, have a look around (especially at the planes! Make sure they look suitable for CPL training!) and speak to the CFI. All in all, those who have done their training there all passed and are proficient pilots.:ok: