PDA

View Full Version : Kununurra pilot shortage?

R555C
15th Jun 2005, 13:12
Have heard on the grape vine, that a certain operator in Kununurra has been scouting around looking for pilots this season, as they are short. At least short of “suitable” pilots. I

s there anyone out there who knows anything of this or can back up the rumors?

Some how I don’t understand how they could be short of great guys or girls who would be more than capable of flying there machines.

John Citizen
15th Jun 2005, 22:29
i find it hard to believe that there is a shortage of pilots in Kununurra.

However if they are the words of the operator, then it's the same story we hear from the airlines all the time :

"...a world wide shortage of pilots..." only because 99% of applicants get knocked back, even though they are all capable of doing the job (fly a plane, they got a licence).

multime
16th Jun 2005, 02:28
Does suitable mean - 1000hr 500 twin,MECIR, previous industry exp.?
Or 200 hrs with c206/c210 time and a willingness to learn?.
i wonder?.
Cheers Multi:ok:

locusthunter
19th Jun 2005, 03:29
I've always wondered multime...

Are you: mul - time (as in mull time in Jamaica mon), multi-me (like mini-me but there's two of you) or multi-time (as in I'm trying to get some multi-time but the bastards are only giving me the C206 to fly)???

I quite like the first one, the second one is better but the third downright sux.

:confused:

multime
20th Jun 2005, 08:16
:E :E :E

Multi-me and hurry up!!!
goto laugh.
Cheaper than suicide eh!!:ok:

Cheers
Mulling out - now me time!!:ok:

jarjar
20th Jun 2005, 08:42
I agree, I find It hard to believe that there is a pilot shortage in Kunners. Is the operator who is looking Alligator? Maybe their minimums are a little high (and unrealistic).

VH-TEACH
23rd Jun 2005, 11:02
What are Alligators minimums???:yuk:

drshmoo
23rd Jun 2005, 22:06
In days of yore ol Wheelybin used to give people a run with next to nothing but a bare commercial. The record was 180 total time with a bare CPL. While up the road, they used to give people a hard time if they had less than about 400/500 then would take a handfull of them anyway

GeeBeeZee
26th Jun 2005, 01:32
From what i hear around the traps there are no "paper minimums" employment purely on flying ability.

And yes several people have been unsuccessful to meet the standard required

Piltdown Man
30th Jun 2005, 14:01
It's good to see that not much changes in life! We used to hear the same rumours in the early nineties about "an operator" looking for a pilot. Within hours, the roads would be packed with scores of un-employed hopefuls looking for a job. It sometimes took the poor operator months to get rid of the hoards who descended upon him. They were in his dunnee, under his ute, in every pub he drunk at...