PDA

View Full Version : Just had my 1st lesson

Rico 1980
14th Jun 2005, 13:54
Hey everyone i had my first trail lesson today so was just looking for some advice. Is it natural that i was nervous? Ive dreamed for ages of becoming a pilot but today was a bit hesitant when i was told to take the controls and i didnt like the way the plane moved when turning. Ive always loved flying in passanger planes though.

Basically, im asking is there any hope for me?

Farrell
14th Jun 2005, 14:42
of course there's hope for you.....if you've spent a lot of time messing around on a computer - the first thing that will have to be hammered out of you is fixating on the instruments......

.....it took me a week of lessons to sort that out! relax......enjoy the view and the movements are just that you're expecting it to behave one way and are perplexed that it's not.....

....you'll get used to it and you'll solo in no time!

good luck

skywaytoheaven
14th Jun 2005, 14:45
Theres a world of hope for you my friend, I had to change shorts a few times during my first few hours - and found it at times fairly unpleasent. But the burning ambition of wanting to fly pushed me through and that initial fear turned to exhilaration flight after flight! I was lucky enough to see a bit of aerobatics during training which kicked the ass outta any of my remaining shreaded nerves! I'm airline flying now, which doesn't get the adrenalin pumping like those first few flights did, so enjoy it!

wbryce
14th Jun 2005, 15:36
I agree with what everyone has said so far....

Your learning a new skill and you will have fear / hesitation until you have some experiance.

Its the exact same when learning to drive, many people hate the first couple of lessons because they lack experiance and confidence.

Get a few more flying hours under your belt and you will be wondering why you ever posted this thread!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
14th Jun 2005, 16:37
Couldn't agree more with whats been said.

I always remember my feelings on my first flight, they were '**** me, how the hell am I going to fly this bloody thing on my own!'.

Don't worry about it, once you get into your PPL, you will love it.

All the best.

hasell
15th Jun 2005, 08:03
Yes there is hope. You just need to get used to it. Everyone goes through moments in their training like this.

Enjoy the lessons/flights.

Rgds.

Has.

Rico 1980
15th Jun 2005, 09:36
Just booked my next lesson!

Thanks guys- much appreciated :ok:

Genghis the Engineer
15th Jun 2005, 10:54
I still get nervous on occasion. Too much confidence is a very very bad thing in the air.

G

Gufo
17th Jun 2005, 10:42
Too much confidence is a very very bad thing in the air.

Perfectly agreed. An instructor once told me: "Always carry a few ounces of fear with you. They're the ones which will keep you from getting hurt."

:)

Ian_Wannabe
19th Jun 2005, 16:26
I'm at the QXC stage and I still get nervous whilst driving up to the airfield... brakes off tho and it all clears up...