PDA

View Full Version : Vc10 Exchange Pilot

bufe01
13th Jun 2005, 21:32
I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AN ITALIAN AIR FORCE EXCHANGE PILOT AT 10SQN STARTING SEPTEMBER? SHOULD I BE WORRIED?
CHEERS

I MEAN...SINCE 10SQN IS CLOSING DOWN!

Runaway Gun
13th Jun 2005, 22:26
Non preoccuparsi, tutto l'equipaggio unirà 101 Squadrone. Lei avrà bisogno di alcuno denaro extra per le insegne nuove.

Caio.

Roguedent
13th Jun 2005, 23:19
No need to worry, Just hope you haven't bought your 10sqn badges yet. Think your posting may just change 101sqn. See you in September.:ok: :cool:

p.s Please bring some hot young single Italian women with you. cheers

SASless
13th Jun 2005, 23:22
Now talking about being a good host....typical English Barbeque....defined by a dear German friend of mine as being....bring your own meat, salad, veggie, drink, cutlery, serviette and plate....the host will provide the fire.

BEagle
14th Jun 2005, 06:05
:D - how true, SASless! Or rather, the host will be attempting to set fire to himself whilst pouring quantities of barbecue lighting fluid over old, damp charcoal which refuses to ignite. Eventually it might light, although the guests will be so drunk by then, they won't notice that the fire isn't really hot enough. If they're really unlucky, the host's contribution will be offered - small, bony chicken wings covered in gloop and/or burnt sausages still pink on the inside......

Then it'll rain....

Unlike the famous CanAm barbecues which our VC10 exchange officers and others used to put on for families and friends at the covert Oxonian aerodrome - very generous indeed with their hospitality, although the convenience of the BX at Upper Heyford (now sadly gone :{ ) or Fairford undoubtedly helped to keep the cost down!

A succession of fine folk were excellent ambassadors for your country when they came to fly with 10 and 101 - many thanks.

But you did also send 'Forrest Gump' our way......

SASless
14th Jun 2005, 10:39
Please don't be bitter now EEagle...at least the Golden Arches put paid to Wimpeys for you! Not that McDonalds is something to claim as anything good....but in this instance it performed a noble service to mankind.

kippermate
14th Jun 2005, 13:01
SASless,

Harsh banter re the BBQ, if feel. (except the weather and the burnt/raw food and the removal of Wimpey)

I once attended a Canadian BBQ. The Cannucks returned the next day for their empties!

kipper.

Can't beat a BBQ on the beach at ASI with freshly caught tuna washed down with an attempt at moosemilk!

:ok:

PileUp Officer
14th Jun 2005, 16:04
McDonalds better than Wimpy's?!! :eek:

Any fast food joint which gives you real cutlery has got to beat McRa******st De******rs, McOb***ty, McC**P Em*****rs and McS**t F**d.

Asterisks to avoid being McLib**led

bufe01
14th Jun 2005, 22:31
FOOD? YOU GUYS DON'T WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT EITHER YOU ARE BRITISH, AMERICAN OR CANADIAN.
I SHOULD BE MOST SUCCESFULL IN BRIZE COOKING PASTA!
CIAO
SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER IN BN

SASless
14th Jun 2005, 23:11
I am afraid our Italian friend just scored a bulls eye!

You guys at the .....well whichever squadron he winds up at ...will have a grand companion there.

What was that definition of hell....The English do the cooking, the Italians run the trains, the French are in charge of sanitation, the Germans make the wine....and the Americans are in charge of romance?

brakedwell
15th Jun 2005, 06:31
SASless
Guten morgen, what's wrong with Blue Nun?

BEagle
15th Jun 2005, 06:47
Everything!

Most Californian wine is pretty good - although I draw the line at 'LeJohn's Cold Duck'! :yuk:

Which had its origins in Bavaria......

6foottanker
15th Jun 2005, 15:15
I guess that solves who's doing the cooking down in MPA? Well volunteered, my little Italian kitchen slave!

Not too much sauce on the spaghetti, I don't care how your momma made it, and we're british, so err on the soggy rather than the al dente side! :ok: