PDA

View Full Version : Financing and Funding Flying

HeliK9976
13th Jun 2005, 19:42
I am very keen to learn to pilot helicopters with a view to getting a private pilots licence.

This is something I want to persue for a hobby at this stage and not work related.

However, somewhere down the line in the future, I may want to do something work relatetd with my pilots licence (who knows at this stage - may want to change careers or diversify etc.).

I have been told that if there is the slightest chance you will use your pilots licence for work then you can get all sorts of government funding to help with the costs of the training.

Does anyone know anything about this and any financial help available?

I am prepared to foot the cost myself as it's initially a hobby thing, but I might be interested in the future in developing it into a career change so don't see why I shouldn't try and get some help if there's any available.

smith
13th Jun 2005, 20:34
Never heard of this before.

blueskywalker
13th Jun 2005, 20:53
I think you could be talking about the Government Career Development Loan. This is available through most high street banks and carries a maximum £8k I think.

hixton
14th Jun 2005, 13:06
Yes and the CDL can only be obtained if the training school is registered with the dfe, so this rules out most of the schools abroad