PDA

View Full Version : TEMORA 11th & 12th June 05

Kickatinalong
13th Jun 2005, 11:23
I have just returned from Temora, where I went to see some great flying. I did see some of the worst flying in my life.
People doing circuits at 200' maybe 250' in and out of cloud with 3 a/c joining xwind at the same time and 50' difference in height and 2-300' laterally. this happened not once but it happened for 30 minutes.
Three aircraft on the runway at once.
How wings did not clap I don't know.
I'm told there was a rep from CASA on the field (Wombat), I'm waiting to see just what this org. is going to do about it or will it just get put in the 2 hard basket.
I looked at the forcast and decided not to fly there, maybe some others should do meteorology again.
The airshow did not go ahead but with the Richard C that flew in we did not need them.
There were a few IFR flights but the most were VFR.
Again I say it was the most dangerous flying I have ever see.
Kickatinalong.
Not happy Jane.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Angels Three Five
14th Jun 2005, 23:05
I will send you fifty cents , you call call someone WHO CARES !

Aquaboy
16th Jun 2005, 09:23
Because I finally had time off on a long weekend, I too was going to take the drive to Temora, but due to the deterating weather and amount of traffic on the highway I decided not to go.
Maybe those people joining the circuit were offering their services for their own displays......... just that something a little more spectacular! If CASA were there, they would have been writting down calls signs of offenders for a later date.
Angels Three Five;
I take it that you don't agree with the reporting of another PPRUNER on the situation. You may want to relay your version of events, if you were there!
:ok:

Angels Three Five
16th Jun 2005, 10:02
Aqua toy

I like to read prune BUT the continuous calls for CASA to investirgate certain event leads me to believe we now live in a society of Give ups ,Cats and morons. Just because your expirence is limited..........go out and get yourself a girlfriend and leave the plane spotting to plane spotters. You "CAT"

Milt
16th Jun 2005, 12:46
Kickacatalong

Sounds like the first flying display venue you have attended. Rest assured that even the worst display pilot will be very aware of the traffic in his vicinity and his kneck muscles will suffer after the flying particularly if he wears a hard hat. Traffic congestion certainly concentrates one's situation awareness.

The good air display is timed to seconds and planning endeavours to keep maximum events in view throughout without significant pauses.

Weather probably prevented individual spectaculars so the plan may have been to concentrate aircraft into the spectator visible air space to give little adrenalin rushes to those watching.Too bad the Hornet could not strut its stuff.

Come out of the woodwork dispay pilots at Temora and describe it from your vantage point.

Frank Burden
16th Jun 2005, 13:22
Find it difficult to believe a wombat was there.

I thought wombats normally eats roots, shoots and leaves rather than hanging about.

How about kicking something else along!!!

COLLIE
16th Jun 2005, 13:59
A350,

That is a pretty harsh response for someone who actually didn't say too much in his post......please enlighten us; what is a CAT?:confused:

Dale Harris
16th Jun 2005, 23:59
Milt, I think he was actually referring to the visitors, rather than the airshow participants...........

Aquaboy
18th Jun 2005, 09:53
Angels Three Five;

The response I made to you was;
“I take it that you don't agree with the reporting of another PPRUNER on the situation. You may want to relay your version of events, if you were there!”

Like me, it sounds like you were far enough away from the venue not to have seen any of the shenanigans, so what gives you the right to let fly with your verbal diarrhea on another for expressing his/her view.
Kickatinalong was the one on the ground at Temora and had a full view on unfolding events from a pilots prospective, so don‘t you think he has the right to express his enjoyment/ disgust on his visual events on PPRUNE? Of course he does! Now you are invited to disagree with his ramblings, and like me, write in response to his original post, but do you really think the c**p that you responded to me with was in some way intelligent and witty? Not even close Babe……. Why would I need a girlfriend when I have the likes of you to carry on like a pre pubescent teenager!
Maybe you want to get together and compare log books one day, and then we will talk experience! Additionally, when you are standing down there doing your professional plane spotting, wave, as it maybe me flying past logging yet another hour to the many thousands I have already logged!
Also, try using word to write your messages, because it is clear to all that you can’t spell!

AB.
:ok:

Kickatinalong
22nd Jun 2005, 11:25
I'm still waiting for the 50 cents, I suppose I'll never get it.
I looked at your profile and you are ATPL and CFI thank Christ I don't fly with your mob. But then I'm only a beginer in GA . The people I fly for are much nicer than some goose with a hang up.
Kickatinalong.