PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

16v6n
13th Jun 2005, 10:15
Hi, I've been looking into going for my pilots licence at cranfield uni.

Unfotunatley I missed out on their seminar a couple of weekends ago

I wanted to ask a few questions which I hope you guys could help answer.

I've never flown before but would love to try it out.
Would anybody have any pointers to which training school I can go to for a few hours flying? or recommend any good places? I am based in Bedfordshire

I have no flying experience, but I've always wanted have an attempt at going for my Airline pilots licence

I'm 25 , and have the funds to pay for the course in cash and also enough to live on for a couple of years.
Is this a good time to start or am I too old?

Basicly I'm not sure what course i could do , Modular or Integrated?

Would employers be more inclined to take people on based on the type of course that was taken?

Sorry the questions are a little vague , any help appreciated

GuinnessQueen
13th Jun 2005, 12:29
Hi 16,

There is loads of information on this site, especially in reference to the questions you have asked.

Best thing to do is sit down with a cup of tea and use the search function (Top, right of the page). All the answers (well, lots of opinions anyway) on everything you ever wanted to know about flight training.

25 definitely not too old!

Cheers

GQ

the flyingenglishman
13th Jun 2005, 18:51
From what I can gather you could probably afford to go integrated. At Cranfield, Cabair run a very well known integrated course and they are closely linked with several airlines, such as Flybe, who are doing a form of sponsorship with them and BA who are considering their graduates for their SSP scheme. In my eyes if you have the determination, the class 1 medical and the cash, go for it! The requirement to start the course is a pass in their assessment. Hope this helps and best of luck :ok:

Groundloop
14th Jun 2005, 08:47
Just to clear up your confusion. There are some flight training schools based at Cranfield (including Cabair) bur Cranfield University do NOT do flight training.