PDA

View Full Version : Taining Schools Double standards??

3legs
13th Jun 2005, 09:04
Guys,

Just been talking to a mate of mine at one of the training schools who has told me of a slightly worrying fact. With training schools having to compete with the demands of airline sponsored students from the sponsoring airline, do they examine the sponsored studnets to a different standard to non sponsored??

Well there lies the problem in breif. Here is the problem of the school in question... Management have been sticking their noses into the running of the flight school and have basically said that the sponsored students do not have to complete and present to the examining instructor Mass and Balance and Performance calcualtions. Have they passd before they have even completed the pre flight briefing? Surely this shouldnt be allowed?? You can imagine the feeling amongst the other students who have worked their ar*es off to make sure they pass and then they find out about this!! After all they are supposed to be training everyone to the same professional standards and as commercial pilots. Also there seems to be further problems where sponsored students get to fly ahead of non sponsored students...Is this normal amongst other training schools? your thoughts and views yould be much appriciated.

3Legs:hmm:

African Drunk
20th Jun 2005, 16:03
I presume the school is OAT?

redout
20th Jun 2005, 16:50
OAT does not currently have any sponsored students apart from the algerian airforce at present.

Aim High
25th Jun 2005, 22:23
Its worse than that!

How would you like to know that you trained hard for different IR test routes not knowing which would come up then hear of others being able to pick their IR test route?