PDA

View Full Version : Multi to FJ?

Prop-Ed
11th Jun 2005, 13:14
Having recently been haggling with flight commanders and posting officers, I hear from a fairly reliable source that FJ cross-overs are no longer an option for truckie mates!? This was news to me and my sqn. I assume the news hasn’t filtered down to other stations.

Apparently the failure rate has been 4 : 4 for the last lot to attempt it. Anybody heard anything more to confirm or deny the rumour?

Cheers!
:confused:

Pontius Navigator
11th Jun 2005, 13:42
What's wrong with 4:1?

If you feel you can hack it then do everything you can to prove it. Maybe talk someone at Valley into a Hawk ride and get a second opinion?

SASless
11th Jun 2005, 14:51
Pontius has a point....would also go to prove whether it was you or the Nav that keeps getting you lost on your flights too. However pilots know the answer to that....someone has to tell the Nav where we are.

Hueymeister
11th Jun 2005, 20:39
Surprised you're posting here..surely if you are a FW Truckie type you must be in the know...

It's not just failiure rates...think what's around the corner...Jag is being binned for the Typhoon, less seats for bums....the truckie fleet may be haemorraging experience faster than PMT would like.....ergo no FJ transfers. Last I heard, we had enough FJ guys in the pipeline...however, watch this space.

HM

Prop-Ed
11th Jun 2005, 21:00
Huey…,

If you read my second sentence of the original post, I think it’s clear that neither I or the rest of the FW truckie types are in the know…

Ergo, I posted here!
:ok:

Griz
12th Jun 2005, 07:07
Pilots are 10 a penny. It's navs we need.

diginagain
12th Jun 2005, 07:10
'Cos they get lost?

caspertheghost
12th Jun 2005, 12:34
Why the hell does anyone need a nav?:E

truckiebloke
12th Jun 2005, 18:26
to stink of p*ss in the corner of course bitchin away!!!

:yuk:

Griz
13th Jun 2005, 07:25
Someone else to blame when your ego f^£<$ up! IMHO ;)

Bob Viking
13th Jun 2005, 07:52
Aaaah, the timeless banter between pilots and navs. It just never gets boring does it.
Quick question though:
Which one gets to log the most solo hours?!
Ooooh meaow. Sorry couldn't resist.
BV:E

Griz
13th Jun 2005, 10:53
In the air or in the bedroom?

Prop-Ed
14th Jun 2005, 17:05
Seriously though, it’s one thing proving you have the ability, it’s another letting PMA release the slot…