PDA

View Full Version : Microscopic Haematuria and Class 1 medical

nomorecatering
10th Jun 2005, 07:04
Just wondering if anybody knows something about this.

Over the last few months I have had a couple of bouts of abdominal pain, initially I thought it could have been the appendix playing up but the tests came back clear.

The only thing that camem back on the pathology results was a small amount of blood in my urin. The doc now thinks it might be microscipic haematurea, in otherwords traces of blood in the urin. They have ruled out kidney disease as there was no protine present. She suggested an IVP test.

My concern is would this pose a threat to my class 1 medical. I am due for my next medical now, should I wait, would a the aviation dame pick up this small amout of blood in the standard stick test.

has anyone come up with this problem, I would be interested in hearing how you fixed it.Doc suggested I drink heaps of water daily in the meantime.

NMC

scrambler
10th Jun 2005, 09:36
I think the correct answer would be that you need to contact your DAME as there is an issue that may cause concern. Maybe you could throw the question onto the medical forum.

KID Quality
10th Jun 2005, 11:49
Depends many office types suffer from PIK syndorme, many instructors also suffer this devastating illness. Admin staff can also be afflicted but the remedy can be the simple removal of the offending article...................................

Keep going.............

Pencil In Knob syndrome:ok:

7gcbc
10th Jun 2005, 13:03
Doc's right, might be nothing, I had a similar issuel , not blood , but a high protein trace higher than normal, which flushed out after 24 hours.

Drink lots, dunno whats comfortable for you if you are crewing, if your desk based, then its easy, 750ml per hr over a 6-7 hour period is easy, a big flush in otherwords......

Hope it all works out nomorecatering :D

rgds 7g

Kaptin M
10th Jun 2005, 13:59
Post this in the Medical foreskin.....um, forum.
Chances are someone there has had something similar.
(You male or female, btw? If you're female, this could indicate any number of hypotheses - not necessarily dis-orders. )

In EVERY case, contact a Doc - it doesn't need to be your DAME.