PDA

View Full Version : Jepps update - Aust Text vs AIP

blueloo
10th Jun 2005, 03:17
Does anyone know the delay in Jepps update to match the AIP? Just noticed courtesy of a collegues post this (from AIP):

AIP EXCERPT (ENR 1.1 para 11.5)

During the conduct of a visual approach, a pilot must descend as necessary to:

by night:

for an IFR flight:

maintain an altitude not less than the route segment LSALT/MSA or the appropriate step of the DME/GPS Arrival procedure, or 500FT above the lower limit of the CTA, if this is higher; or if being radar vectored, operate not below the last assigned altitude; until the aircraft is within the prescribed circling area for the category of aircraft or a higher category, where the limitations of the higher category are complied with , and the aerodrome is in sight.

AIP EXCERPT (ENR 1.5 para 1.14)

Subject to the requirements of paragraphs 1.7, 1.10 and 1.13, the pilot need not commence or may discontinue the approved instrument approach procedure to that aerodrome when:

By Night.

At an altitude not below the LSALT/MSA for the route segment, the appropriate step of the DME or GPS Arrival Procedure, or the MDA for the procedure being flown, the aircraft is established:
(1) clear of cloud;
(2) in sight of ground or water;
(3) with a flight visibility not less then 5,000M; and
(4) within the circling area or VAA - H, as applicable; or
(5) within 5NM (7NM for a runway equipped with an ILS) of that aerodrome aligned with the runway centreline and established not below "on slope" on the T-VASIS or PAPI; or
(6) within 10NM (14NM for Runways 16L and 34L at Sydney) of that aerodrome, established not below the ILS glide path with less than full scale azimuth deflection.

Note: Reference to circling area in this section includes the circling area for the category of aircraft or a higher category where the limitations of the higher category are complied with.

----------------------

Yet i cant find any june 9 updates in the electronic version of Jepps ASD04 which reflect this.......

reynoldsno1
10th Jun 2005, 03:54
Depends on how much notice they received from AsA (maybe less than 28 days), and if they had the publishing capacity. Jepps are not intended to replace the AIP.........

John Citizen
10th Jun 2005, 09:44
Take a look at the Terminal Section, page AU-24.

par 3.16.1 b has a note : NOTE - reference to circling area in this section includes the circling area for the category of aircraft or a higher category where the limitations of the higher category are complied with

blueloo
10th Jun 2005, 14:19
John - whats the date on the page - and are you using the electronic jepps?

I just checked AU24 (3 DEC04) and used the search function in case i misread it - i cant find the reference at all - I have just tried updating via net (only did the disc 1 day ago) and it says I have the most current version.

??

John Citizen
10th Jun 2005, 19:20
Date on page is "3 JUN 05, Eff 9 JUN".

I am using the "paper" Jepps.

blueloo
10th Jun 2005, 23:39
Ah that explains it then, for whatever reason the electronic jepps arent as current (or mine havent updated? ) .......

Anyone else with the electronic version not up to current 9 june dates?