PDA

View Full Version : Parafield rental

SNJ-6
9th Jun 2005, 13:13
G'day All,
I'll be visiting South Australia in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't mind renting something (SE Piper or Cessna) for a day from Parafield to see a little bit of the state. Can anyone recommend a friendly club/school to rent a decent plane from ? Cheers.

Plow King
9th Jun 2005, 13:57
Forsyth Aviation is probably the best bet, although if you're in the market for a 210, I see there is one available for $300/hr on the GA Aircraft sales website.

turtle
9th Jun 2005, 23:10
If you wanna well equiped Arrow for $198 inc give Minime a call on 08 8281 9299.

Chadzat
9th Jun 2005, 23:21
What rego is that Arrow turtle? Thats a good rate. PM would be fine.

Aussie
10th Jun 2005, 05:47
Mate, Bruce Hartwig flying school is a good place. Try there.

Aussie

TurbineDreamer
10th Jun 2005, 10:09
Sorry Aussie, but SNJ-6, stay the hell away from Bruce Hartwig Flying School. Great school when Bruce owned it, back in the late 80's early 90's, but the owner since then you want to stay away from.
I have been there done that and STAY THE HELL AWAY.
He also use to have a cheaper school on the airfield right up on the main road, can't recall the name now. Can recommend the BAE college civil school, Forsyth Aviation and Master Flight if they are still around.

Chadzat
12th Jun 2005, 04:18
Amen to that!! ^^^

SNJ-6
12th Jun 2005, 09:18
Cheers all, thanks for the info.

quarter hr pack
15th Jun 2005, 05:37
Not Cessna or Piper, but I can also recommend the private school associated with Bae, hired an aircraft from them last year. The aircraft (Tobagos) can be a little hard to get hold of if the college is busy, but are very well looked after & not rediculously expensive....not back then anyway! Apparently they've also recently got a Diamond (the 4 seat one - DA40?) online if you wanted to try something new!
Flying schools aside, it's a great state to see a little of from the air... Have fun!!