PDA

View Full Version : atpl school in the oxford area

bufe01
8th Jun 2005, 19:39
Helle there,
this is mi first post and i found this forum most useful. I'm an Italian Air force B707 pilot about to move to Brize Norton to fly VC10s for the next 3 years. Could you suggest a good school in the area (should be oxfordshire, how do you pronounce that by the way?) to take a jaa frozen atpl distant learning class? I'm starting from a frozen icao atpl issued in Italy and a nice flight experience in flying transports in te air force.
Thanks in advance
Bufe

helicopter-redeye
8th Jun 2005, 20:43
Somebodies bound to say 'Bristol Ground School'.

However Oxford Air Training (OAT) is closer to Oxfordshire.

Do a search on this site or on 'Google' for more information.

Whirlygig
8th Jun 2005, 20:55
Bizarrely, Oxford Air Training is IN Oxfordshire! Pronounced Oxfordshear, with more with an "e" sound than an "i" sound.

Cheers

Whirlygig

Aim High
8th Jun 2005, 21:42
Oxford should be your choice
It is near the top for ATPL training
You can take your residential ground school and final exams there too and any flight training
Enjoy your time at Brize
I fondly remember worrying where the VC10s were in the circuit as I did my IR there! but the controllers were and are still good and kept us apart!

Lee Frost
8th Jun 2005, 23:20
Heli-red,

Gristol Boundschool :}

Great notes, instructors, and proven results. Have a look at their website at www.bristol.gs

Call them up - they'll send you out an info pack, and you can judge the quality yourself.

Best of luck - enjoy your tour

:ok:

LF

OpenCirrus619
8th Jun 2005, 23:39
If you're intending to do a distance learning course I would look at Cranfield Aviation Training School (http://www.cranfieldaviation.co.uk/) - they have been achieving amazing results recently.

BigGrecian
9th Jun 2005, 15:15
Surely your elgigible under the military accreditation scheme for a QSP - suggest you have a look at LASORS section G2. Not sure though since your from Italy but says in the UK Armed Forces - which if you take a loose translation you might get away with it. I think BEagle is the man who would know.

You'll have a great time at Brize!

bufe01
9th Jun 2005, 15:41
thanks a lot for the information! lasors is quite clear about non uk service pilot even with a loose translation.
Cheers