PDA

View Full Version : O360 Overhaul

Matt-YSBK
8th Jun 2005, 07:04
Any body know of a good Engine overhall shop i need to do an O360 and LO360 over the next 3 months and i am looking around. So far i have considered Scone, Hawker and Rudy's If anyone has and good stories like to hear them.
Bad news on a PM would also be good.

nomorecatering
9th Jun 2005, 09:21
I have flown several thousand hrs behind engines overhauled by scone engines, never had a problem considering the abuse they get from students and instructors. Hawkers Blue Seal Overhauls seem to have a good reputation too, I dont have any experiance wth them myself but havent heared any bad reports. Dont know about any others though.

Woomera
9th Jun 2005, 11:04
Hot tip: You take the lowest bid and your problems have only just begun..........

Tinstaafl
10th Jun 2005, 02:39
A number of years ago I used to work with a Kiwi at Quirindi, NSW who did the overhauls. He was *very* good and insisted on doing the whole process himself, from tear down to build up - including component overhaul.

After that place closed down he went to work in Armidale for Airag (I think it was. Anyway it's the ag. mob that's based there). He might still be there & worth contacting. Ask for Wayne.

Jenna Talia
13th Jun 2005, 12:37
Ramsay Aviation Maintenance at Wangaratta, Victoria does a superb job with the engine virtually blueprinted. PM me if you want his number.