PDA

View Full Version : USA flight schools with visas

tommyH
7th Jun 2005, 16:30
hi everyone,

who knows of good flight schools in the states preferably california with visa capabilities, reasonably priced proffesional FAA pilot programs with instructing at the end and with included accomadation.

Am going to go with anglo-american but they might not have visa options by the time i go, could do with some backups. cheers

ramshorn
7th Jun 2005, 19:41
Hi
Try doing a search on: Angel city flyers.
British run company in Long beach,California.,who do FAA licences.

Turkish777
7th Jun 2005, 23:01
Im at Delta Connection Academy but they are in Florida, very good school, quite expensive though....

tommyH
7th Jun 2005, 23:51
cheers guys,

but i am after somewhere with employment options at the end of training as a flight instructor,

anglo-american do this, but not sure about their visa status,

do the schools you are at offer employment to hour build as an instructor?

Or anybody else out there for that matter?

Turkish777
8th Jun 2005, 09:21
Yes at Delta you are offered a job as a flight instructor at the end of your training as long as you pass your test flight with them and you come across well in the interview. In my original class of about 10, 9 got hired. They sponsor you with either an M1 visa or J1 I believe. The school is very profesional, students and instructors have uniforms and most people are lined up with a interview at Delta Connection, Comair flying CRJ's once they have clocked up 1000 hours. I'm doing JAA so the interview option will not apply to me. They will probably quote you about $55K but thats blx, will be more like $70K....I take it you have a green card if you are dong FAA....

Call Chris McShea 00800-522-10480, free phone number, get a free tour which you eventually get reimbursed for...

sorry website wouldn\'t be a bad idea.....

http://www.deltaconnectionacademy.com/

tommyH
8th Jun 2005, 20:53
Cheers Turkish

No i don't have a green card, i am going to convert to JAA when i get back to blighty or in Greece.

Anglo-American are affordable but they lost their visa status after 9-11 and say they are getting it back very soon, if so i have no problems, if they don't i need to find another school

they take you to CPL CFI MEI and employ you for $32,000 on FAA then i can convert JAA and ATPL for £11,000 here or in GReece for 11,000 Euros

I dont have $70,000, well i do but that is all i have (everything) which is why im going down this route, and then converting to JAA

But i'm trying to find another school that will offer instucters positions that are more in my price bracket and preferably offer accomadation included

Turkish777
8th Jun 2005, 22:08
Ok mate good luck, at Delta for $70K (50ish allegedly) that includes your FAA PPL,IR,CPL,Multi Engine,CFI,CFII,MEI and jet transition course on a CRJ sim which its exactly the same as a sim which you would do a type rating on except its stationary, it takes up an entire room.

What ever quote you get add atleast 25% as the quote you get is for an A+ student which completes everything first time and never has a flight cancelled for weather, tech whatever for 12 months in a row...highly unlikely....I've been out there for a year and half I know what the schools are like...very slippery mate!!

In other words if you're not Charles Yeager you won't do it for the price quoted..

They know its cheap for us in UK so they know they can get away with it...

http://www.pelican-airways.com/

Try this one in Fort Lauderdale, they do visa\'s etc, owned by an English couple too...I was going to go there but picked Delta instead....they do the instructor program also....cheaper than Delta....whose not though....

The normal pay for an instructor in Florida is $10 an hour

tommyH
9th Jun 2005, 00:54
thanks for the heads up turkish