PDA

View Full Version : The Job??

nick14
6th Jun 2005, 14:50
Hi there to all,
Trying to find out about instructing because i think that is what i want to do.

Why should I a 17 year old pilot to be who enjoys teaching air cadets aviation subject and enjoys being around other instructors become an instructing. It cnt be for the money because instrutors are not the best paid so what are the ups of the job??
How bout the downs?

Thnx all
Nick

guess im gonna need to go back to GCSE english!! :O

FlyingForFun
6th Jun 2005, 19:36
Ups: loving waking up and going to work in the morning. The view from the office window. The sense of achievement when it clicks into place for a student who is struggling, and you know that you helped. Sharing a new experience with people who are flying in a light aircraft for the first time. I could go on and on.

Downs: long hours and low pay. Can't think of too many other downs.

My advice? If instructing is what you want to do, at your age, I'd suggest just doing it part-time. It's great as a stepping stone to airlines (so long as it's what you want to do, and you're not only doing it to get to the airlines). It's great as a retirement job. But it's not the kind of job which a 17-year-old should plan on sticking with for the rest of his life.

If I still haven't persuaded you, though, then other options would be commercial instruction. You'll need a reasonable amount of experience teaching private pilots first, but once you've got the experience you can then go on to train commercial students. This does pay a wage on which it's possible to live.

FFF
------------

nick14
7th Jun 2005, 11:54
thnx,
Well i am currently an examiner for model aircraft and i realy enjoy teaching people to fly!!
Also love seeing the smile when i pass them!!(not often as im a hard nut to crack:ok:)

Is the money better in examining and commercial training?

Anyone else want to add please do!!!!

Much appreciated
Nick

nick14
8th Jun 2005, 15:18
Just want to know

all you instructors out there in the wide insrtucting world wots it like?

Any commercial instructors???

Nick