PDA

View Full Version : OzJet interviews

Nolights-essential3
6th Jun 2005, 07:54
Hi all,
anyone notified of interview dates yet?

...they were suggesting the second week of June....?

...anyone..
...anyone?

Baron Captain ?
6th Jun 2005, 08:06
I have also noticed the OZJET painted up 737-200 parked out in front of the ANSETT Hangar in Tullamarine today....

Has it just arrived back ???????.....Or has it been here since he brought it to Australia to show off when the last Grand Prix was on???

VH-WASA
7th Jun 2005, 06:37
Haven't heard anymore from them at all. Must still evaluating each application as the Chief Pilot has just taken up his new position I beleive. Before you know it, June would have been and gone and still none the wiser.
Just have to hang in there I guess. Good luck

apacau
9th Jun 2005, 21:51
Somewhat related, this newsletter came through on email yesterday, no doubt to all who subscribed on their website for more information.

Hello from OzJet,

Thanks for the interest you have shown in OzJet, Australia's new all-business-class airline. I thought it timely to update you on our progress.

We are moving ahead rapidly and believe we are on course to be flying in the not too distant future - hopefully in September/October.

We have spent several months preparing to apply for an Air Operator's Certificate (AOC), the licence needed to operate scheduled passenger services in Australia. We are now into the formal part of this process which takes a minimum of three months before an airline is granted approval and is able to promote and operate its scheduled services within Australia.

In this process we are drawing on the expertise of European Aviation, our chairman Paul Stoddart's long-established British-based operation that has flown to about 500 airports around the world with a fleet of Boeing 737 and 747 aircraft.

Our Chief Pilot and Director of Flight Operations joined us this week. He is Captain Gordon Bretag, who most recently has been a Flying Operations Inspector with the Civil Aviation Authority (CASA).

Other key executive positions in the company are also being filled.

We are finalising the style, design, and manufacture of our staff uniforms and we are close to signing our catering contract.

We will step up our marketing and promotional activities once we get a clearer indication of a start date for flights.

In the first phase of our operations we will be flying Boeing 737 jets exclusively.

In that first phase we will be servicing Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Adelaide, operating from the following locations:
Sydney Airport - from Gates 38-40 in Terminal 2.
Melbourne Airport - from Gates 12 and 13 in the South Terminal.
Canberra Airport - from the main terminal utilising the areas near Gates 5-9.
Adelaide Airport - OzJet hopes to start operations to coincide with the opening of the new terminal where we will use gates on the left-hand side of the new terminal with check-in facilities on the main departures floor.
In the second phase OzJet services will be extended to Brisbane, Perth and Port Lincoln (subject to the proposed airport upgrade being completed) and BAe 146-300 aircraft will be added to our fleet.

All OzJet aircraft will have 60 business-class seats exclusively - configured two by two, with no middle seat, extensive leg room and full meals served on china.

One of OzJet's highest priorities is to save busy business-class travellers time, which we can do because of smaller passenger numbers, reduced check-in times, and by allowing three items of luggage per passenger in the cabin - avoiding baggage carousels.

OzJet will target the corporate travel market offering a business-class-style service at today's fully-flexible economy prices. We will have a simple fare structure - a single price level that will not disadvantage bookings that we understand are made increasingly late in today's busier and ever-changing business environment.

OzJet will not be looking to offer the deeply discounted economy tickets aimed at increasing the number of people traveling on an airplane. OzJet is being created for the business market and we understand the need and desire to travel with other corporate travellers in an environment that encourages increased productivity as well as networking opportunities with like-minded passengers.

OzJet will sell and distribute tickets via travel agents and travel managers as well as on the Internet and via our call centre. Pricing will be consistent across each sales channel and OzJet will pay generous commissions to the travel industry.

Thanks again for your interest in OzJet. We will keep you abreast of our progress. Please feel free to give us your feedback.

We look forward to you travelling with us at the earliest opportunity. With OzJet you're in business.

Regards,

Hans van Pelt,

Chief Executive,
OzJet Airlines Pty Ltd

ROCKSTEADY
14th Jun 2005, 02:27
This thread has gone awfully quiet. Anybody heard anything else? Only two heard back from OzJet as unsuccessful?

Word Up ..... !!!!

Chocks Away
14th Jun 2005, 23:46
They would no doubt have been flooded with enough B737/BAE146 endorsed guys, by the look of it.
Coupla experienced turbine mates got a no thanks.

jarjar
15th Jun 2005, 01:54
Chocks Away,

Did your mates get a letter, e-mail etc ? or did they contact ozjet to find out their progress and were told that way? Only asking cos I havnt heard a thing.

Whisky Hatch
15th Jun 2005, 05:34
I got an email saying they'd recieved my application and would be interviewing in a couple of weeks. That was at least a month or so ago.

No time on either type.

Transition Layer
15th Jun 2005, 08:17
Sydney Airport - from Gates 38-40 in Terminal 2.

Can't wait to see the suits roughing it in the queue at Krispy Kreme or Maccas in T2 with the Jetstar bogans on their footy trip to the Gold Coast. :D

TL

G Jetson
24th Jul 2005, 23:55
Has anyone had a yes or a no ??

ComeByChance
25th Jul 2005, 13:20
Those with a "yes" have been told and should be heading to Melbourne within the next few weeks followed by more training in the UK.

I've heard next round of recruitment will occur early in the new year just before the start phase 2 of their expansion:ok:

Keep a look out during the next 2-3 weeks as the next B732 is due to arrive.

Legal_Counsel
3rd Aug 2005, 23:32
It sounds like to me you are all very lucky. Make sure you take out insurance.
:E