PDA

View Full Version : PowerPoint Sound Files ???

forget
5th Jun 2005, 16:24
Help! I've inserted several sound files into a PowerPoint presentation. They all play as they should on my PC but when I copied the PowerPoint to CD and tried it on my lap top only some sound files played. The ones which play are 'Files contained in Presentation'. The ones which don’t show their location within other files on my PC - which is why they don’t 'travel' to my lap top. How can I change them all to 'Files contained in Presentation'.

All Ahead Full
6th Jun 2005, 12:30
I would first that all the files are of same sort i.e. .WAV files

forget
6th Jun 2005, 14:43
Found the problem - and you'd wonder why 'they' did this! I've had to split the all the files to under 100K.

'The Sound Options dialog box also indicates where the clip is stored. If it’s stored within the presentation file, the dialog box will display the location Contained In Presentation. If it’s stored in a separate linked file, it will display the file path. (PowerPoint normally stores a sound clip in a separate file if it’s larger than 100 KB. ) In the latter case, if you are going to present your slide show on another computer, you’ll need to take the linked file with you'.

All Ahead Full
6th Jun 2005, 14:47
well there you go - I didn't know that one.

Thanks,

Phil