PDA

View Full Version : have any of you felt the joy recently

astroglide
2nd Jun 2005, 02:19
of driving for 90 mins to get to one of the asl exam centres through peak morning traffic only to be told by one of the invigilator/henchmen types that work at the centre, that youre 5 mins late and of course, unable to write the exam.

naturally forfeiting the asl exam fee (although im totally stoked that ill be able to hang on to the casa application fee:yuk: )

few words can express the emotion -so lets try " f:mad:k f :mad:king
f:mad:ukkedy :mad:ukers !!!!!!!!!!!!!":{

edited for for bad pottymouth.............

tinpis
2nd Jun 2005, 04:57
Try bad mouthing crewing when youve held up a flight cos yer ...er ..late.

astroglide
2nd Jun 2005, 05:57
probably went a little overboard on my last post -sorry but im so furious am still shaking now......

i know im not alone here on this one.... howcome were as a collective are so toothless that we cant band together (ie- a petition to casa/anthrax to some computer geek ) to exact some form change in this usless system.

i feel im bieng realistic here -in not talking about shutting down the whole system ,am only asking for exam fees that aren't exorbitantly over priced .

- the owners of the asl shouldnt be allowed to drive ferrari's while i eat canned food to pay for my
fly license........SOMETHING should be done and soon...

okay , enough making noise -you get the idea.......

morning mungrel
2nd Jun 2005, 08:04
Ferrari's and canned food? Someone has led you down the garden path my friend. Welcome to the world of G.A. and that great system called CAPITALISM!!!!!:p

Arm out the window
2nd Jun 2005, 08:52
Yeah, comrade, the glorious revolution will come soon, and the bourgeois exam system will be the first up against the wall!!

AerocatS2A
2nd Jun 2005, 09:05
Perhaps next time you'll leave 15mins earlier.

Jet_A_Knight
2nd Jun 2005, 10:35
The next best thing is (was) to take a day off work, lose a day's pay, turn up 45 mins early to beat the traffic, sit around for 3hrs waiting for the 'system' to come on line (which it doesn't), exam is called off, and then to be told there are no more slots available for your particular exam for 3 weeks.

That felt pretty good too. :{

KID Quality
3rd Jun 2005, 06:55
Crikey you blokes in Oztralia do your exams on a computer!

astroglide
3rd Jun 2005, 15:45
but hahahahahaha

arm out of the window - you crack me up! , glad to hear someone is starting to listen...

as for you aerocat.......................................any idea where siberia is?????

:8

scrambledegg
3rd Jun 2005, 21:31
I suppose turing up 5 minutes late for your QF interview and being denied a position is QF's fault....Wake up and try some pre planning exercices. Expect the worst next time and hopefully things will go your way.
Plenty of downers in aviation so if this incident is too much for you to handle take my advice and take a different career path.