PDA

View Full Version : Paxalators (sp?)

jay_hl
1st Jun 2005, 20:04
All,

I bought a DVD showing a 757-200 aircraft making a flight from Manchester to Dalaman. The DVD showed the flight from the flight deck of the Airtours aircraft.

On running through the before start checks a reference to "paxalators (sp)" is made and that in the checklist they should be 'off'.

I am wondering what are paxalators (sp) and what do they do?

Thanks & Rgds

Jay

The Greaser
1st Jun 2005, 20:07
I suspect it was something to do with packs - the little machines that condition the cabin air. They must be off for engine start as the APU is unable to provide air for air conditioning at the same time as providing air to start the engines.

jay_hl
1st Jun 2005, 20:09
Thanks

One other thing I meant to mention was that an Air Start was needed as there was a problem with their APU not supplying enough air to the engines.

Rgds
Jay

catchup
1st Jun 2005, 20:11
The "paxalator" means Cockpitdoor.

Should be closed ( off) during the entire flight.

regards

jay_hl
1st Jun 2005, 21:12
This flight was flown in October 1997 therefore pre 9/11 when I am sure that the flight deck door could be opened in flight to allow flight deck visits.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jay

PAXboy
1st Jun 2005, 23:54
The 'paxalators' are the special airport versions of escalators, that bring the pax up to the door of the aircraft. They must be OFF before they are backed away from the aircraft door. :cool:

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.