PDA

View Full Version : BAC Express AOC

EI-CGO
1st Jun 2005, 11:20
Word from the 'Plaza' yesterday is that the deal is off in regards to trying to sell the BAC AOC to a new set of investors and that Aerocondor will take over all 3 of ACL's UKPO contracts within the next 3 weeks as the poor old shed leaves ACL's shiny new fleet.

Do they have the infrastructure, crews or aircraft to do so ???

And whats going to happen to the Shed guys ??

Its a shame really, had the good fortune to meet one of those looking to purchase the AOC a few weeks back and he seemed to have his feet firmly on the ground with some good ideas, seems the price was hiked up on them at the very last minute, could it be a tiny bit of bitterness, after all the BAC purchase seems to have cost certain individuals rather dear.

awakeallnight
3rd Jun 2005, 17:13
Heard from a pal in Air Contractors that the "Shed Guys" are basically shafted. Shed Crews were promised ATR ratings and now find themselves jobless.

Aerocondor might employ some of them but payscales are not too hot !!

Air Mail
3rd Jun 2005, 19:45
At least the lpc/opc is easy to pass, if they do one that is!

Meeb
12th Aug 2005, 21:29
I was going to start a new thread but then found this dormant one lurking in the background like a good little freight doggie... ;)

Anyway, whats the score with the advert in Flight looking for a CP? Has BAC been re-born? I do not know all the ins and outs of BAC in the past, but the way I understood it was that BAC was sold to Air Contractors? Whats the connection with the Portuguese outfit? So who is now behind BAC? So many questions I know, but hopefully someone will have a clue! :confused:

Edited to add that I see the "2morrow group" has aquired BAC, who and what are they? Does BAC still have customers because it sounded like they were a going concern when taken over?

Air Hop
15th Aug 2005, 05:49
BAC are once again operating out of Exeter on the mail flight to STN week nights and EMA Sundays. Only the one SH6 G-TMRO which I think was EI-SMA.

Everything else about BAC appears to be as it was before:\

Meeb
15th Aug 2005, 12:32
Thanks Air Hop, so why are they looking for crew for Edinburgh as well as Exeter? Things must be afoot, and are the same folk involved with BAC as before? A new outfit has bought it, but who is running it?

Air Hop
17th Aug 2005, 09:42
Not 100% sure but believe it is being run as before. No idea about ownership:\

I have still only heard of the the one a/c flying, although the on the CAA info page it shows many a/c being owned by BAC parent co.

Meeb
17th Aug 2005, 14:48
So have this "2morrow group" bought BAC Leasing as well...? :confused:

pipertommy
30th Sep 2006, 15:09
Hi i was just wondering what if any developments are taking place with BAC express currently?I see they have a new colour scheme on the Shorts 360.Do they still operate an Edinburgh base?And have they picked up any mail routes with the sad down fall of Emerald?Thanks for any goss

HZ123
2nd Oct 2006, 11:02
Who owns the 3 (BAC)sheds & F27 at SEN, the sheds are started up and run every week but it is not a SEN engineer that does the work.

Skytrucker
12th Oct 2006, 20:26
Thanks Air Hop, so why are they looking for crew for Edinburgh as well as Exeter? Things must be afoot, and are the same folk involved with BAC as before? A new outfit has bought it, but who is running it?

Not one for starting rumours but could this connect with the Eddie Stobart thread??

MercenaryAli
13th Oct 2006, 01:53
Who owns the 3 (BAC)sheds & F27 at SEN, the sheds are started up and run every week but it is not a SEN engineer that does the work.

BAC Leasing and Sales!