PDA

View Full Version : Lets do the math

swamp monkey
1st Jun 2005, 06:25
I realise easterns are actively seeking at the moment.

Has anyone taken up the $$=endorsement yet?

From what I can find out endorsement is going to be subsidised to the tune of $10k to $15k coming out of our own pockets.
Then the endorsement (info from people within) can take up to 2months seeing as the sim runs just about all days so it may take longer.
Add this to the cost of living in Sydney without help and put that on top of a salary of $45-46k plus allowances of 3k.

Is this really worthwhile and are people taking the "possibility" of a job?
A GA twin driver doing RPT should be on around $43k.
:confused:

Howard Hughes
1st Jun 2005, 11:06
Have'nt we had enought threads on this subject already?

Everday someone new seems to be asking if anyone has taken up the offer. I personally know of one. (not me by the way) But there does'nt seem to be too many others.

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

PS: By the way the math's sucks.

scrambledegg
3rd Jun 2005, 21:12
I would think that spending your initial 30-40K on gaining you CPL and all that goes with it was most definitley a bigger risk than paying for an endorsement. Some questions people need to ask maybe:
1. How much do I want to work for QLink?
2. What options do I have besides paying for an endorsement?
3. Can I afford to survive while training?
4. Am I confident enough that I can make it through the selection and training process.
5. Do I want to continue on my current aircraft or move on to bigger and better?
I know I have answered all of these and more and decided it's not for me at this time. But maybe for you it's YES so go for it I rekon!

Erin Brockovich
3rd Jun 2005, 23:47
6. Do I want to wreck it for the next guy?
7. Do I want to let the Q group know that I am happy to pay for my job and possible further training down the line?
8. Do I want to sleep at night with a clear conscience?
9. Do I want to take some responsibility for the state the industry is in at the moment and say NO to insulting offers?
I would think that spending your initial 30-40K on gaining you CPL and all that goes with it was most definitley a bigger risk than paying for an endorsement.What risk? Even if you can overlook the above questions, the maths doesn't add up
18k for a 40k job is different to 30k for a 140k job. If part of the QL recruiting requirements was to jump off a cliff, would you do it? Probably not. Maybe only after you realise the ramifications of your actions you might though.

giveitsome
8th Jun 2005, 22:24
There will always be some of us that are willing to work for saw dust and jam sandwhiches. If you are one of these folks then STOP right now, leave the room and keep going.

Unfortunately this kind of mind set is becomming more and more a norm expected by operators and owners a like. If you are employed for a 3 yr contract and spend the first 18 months paying off your endorsement costs, re-location costs etc, you are going back wards for only a little ways forwards. Do the math.

The more people say no to being BL - W - D the better off all industry members will be.

Player or Punter you decide, the choice is yours!!!

:mad:

KID Quality
10th Jun 2005, 11:40
i ood paybcos mi daddybcos iz fun ta fli airplanes;

i iz loicking thec tension of goirls aslo