PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Ground Training

Banjo
31st May 2005, 07:44
Sorry to hear about PGT closing.

If you read this Steve and the guys I hope that whatever the future brings things work out for you. It is tough to get a new venture of the ground and running and even harder to keep it going long enough to make a success of it. I know enough of my business attempts fell along the way.

A truly great bunch of instructors who made my time at OAT successful but more importantly enjoyable. I can still hear their voices in my head now (I am getting therapy for that).

I wish you all the best in the future and hope our paths cross in a bar one day so that I may buy you a drink or two.

PGT
31st May 2005, 08:28
It is with great regret that after much consideration the management of PGT have decided to close the company.
We at PGT would like to thank all those students who have supported us over the past few months and we would like to wish them and all ATPL candidates a successful future.

FlyingSpanner
31st May 2005, 11:39
Sorry Guys

I have to agree with Banjo, I feel so sorry that a company with so much potential has gone out of buisness through lack of buisness.

The guys there were the best bunch of instructors that I have come across. Steve and John put together the best in each field that they taught. Its just a shame they couldnt hold out a bit longer to get really established.

All the best on your next ventures.

Spanner

Maude Charlee
31st May 2005, 16:57
Just goes to show pilots are stupid. Too many wannabees obsessed with OAT and the like, with their glossy brochures and constant name-dropping of airlines.

The guys at PGT were absolutely excellent at what they did (I had the pleasure of their teachings at OAT - and yes, I am stupid), and I am genuinely gobsmacked they haven't been inundated with students. They have had nothing but the highest of praise on these forums.

This industry is full of fools. :*

Re-Heat
31st May 2005, 17:43
Just goes to show pilots are stupid. Too many wannabees obsessed with OAT and the like, with their glossy brochures and constant name-dropping of airlines.
You can't get bitter at what the market does to you - move on and make your opportunities.

If the market wants a total 0-licence course then that is what the business has to provide.

I find it interesting that there are not enough students, and what that can bode for the industry is an interesting change from the past it would seem - perhaps correcting for oversupply of 200hr fATPLs in the past?

Grass strip basher
31st May 2005, 18:27
I imagine it must be tough to win biz away from the likes of Bristol... they seem to have top quality product and excellent reputation for the modular guys and gals out there looking for a course....and if you are going integrated then you don't have the option of using the PGS team even if you want to.

Its a shame though and all the best for the future for the instructors impacted by the closure.

I hope that you were right about less students starting down the fATPL road but I for one won't be holding my breath!

Maude Charlee
1st Jun 2005, 10:06
Re-heat

Not sure what you think I'm bitter about. I have a job, and no, I'm not bitter about my time at OAT either. I just think it goes to show that wannabees are more easily persuaded by big bucks advertising than genuine quality of training, and let's face it, for those of us fortunate enough to have made it through the grinder over the last 3 or 4 years it really doesn't mater at all where you actually trained or how you structured your training.

cantw82fly
1st Jun 2005, 13:06
I suspect that the problem is that although PGT is the favoured trainer for a lot of people who went to Kemble recently, being a modular provider, everyone had to go and get a PPL first. I intended to use PGT but am only about 2/3rds of the way through my PPL (winter weater was rotten!).

The only students for the full ground school that they would have had so far are those with a PPL ready and waiting to go. There wouldn't have been many of those!

Late summer might have been a different story. We will never know.

Foz2
1st Jun 2005, 14:34
I was very sorry and surprised to hear about this - I really thought PGT would be a great success. I guess it shows how tough the aviation business is. The fact that PGT offered one of the highest quality products in the industry (great instructors) and still couldnt couldnt make it work, shows this.

A great shame.

I wish you all well for the future.

Foz

Send Clowns
1st Jun 2005, 16:12
Sorry to hear about that, PGT. Damn shame when the good guys go down, and they were even if competitors.