PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms....

planemad_bk
31st May 2005, 08:21
I've searched EVERYWHERE.......but i can't find any place which does tailoring for dark navy blue trousers for the uniform! Does anyone know a place in Sydney where they do tailor-make trousers?

Howard Hughes
31st May 2005, 08:31
Well firstly, can't you just buy them off the shelf?

Are you not supplied a uniform?

Now let me see?

See here. (http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/postCategorySearch.do?headingCode=24880&bookId=1&serviceArea=true&businessType=tailors&region=australia&pageNumber=1&rankWithTolls=true&locationClue=sydney&stateId=1)

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

En-Rooter
31st May 2005, 13:10
He might be a fat bastard and need'em specially made.

OR

She may be just a little overweight

Animalclub
31st May 2005, 23:21
OR

maybe has the money to be able to get 'em tailor made... therefore not a pilot one would think, wouldn't one!

tinpis
1st Jun 2005, 00:06
There be a lot of Ansett uniform pants available.

hoss
1st Jun 2005, 00:45
and Qantas ones soon with the change to black:) .

RENURPP
2nd Jun 2005, 03:57
Try Fletcher Jones

Keg
2nd Jun 2005, 07:00
Babylon Industries in Villawood. They do a lot of security type uniforms and so have shirts with epaulettes on them as well. I don't think they do rank slides though. You'll need to get them from a shop at Bankstown.

www.babylon.com.au

Regards,

blueloo
2nd Jun 2005, 10:33
keg, i was wondering where your going out clothes came from

:}

Centaurus
2nd Jun 2005, 12:20
The Op shops usually have real cheapies although slightly worn of course. Same with black airline pilot (the colour of the shoe, not the airline pilot) shoes at the Op shops - $5 will get you a good pair slightly down at the heels. Tried to get a set of gold bars there the other day, but no airline had gone under in recent months.

Merlins Magic
3rd Jun 2005, 05:47
I think that when your employer said go and get some Tailored Navy pants, he did not mean from a Tailor.

He simply meant get some Tailored pants. ie. Dress pants. Any department store, uniform store, mens clothing store will have them.

Unless of course you want to spend $200- on a par of Tailor made trousers.

KID Quality
3rd Jun 2005, 06:45
While still being in the circuit currently I was thinking it would be a good idea to send my size to Qantas so they can get busy preparing my uniform made to measure. You blokes should take a page out of my book, I reckon they'll appreciate the heads up on that one!
Its also not a bad ploy to gain your airline of choices attention:ok:

Keg
4th Jun 2005, 00:00
Ah blueloo, got me in one! :}

I do confess to having used the services of Babylon in the past for rank slides and so on for the other organisation I hang around with from time to time but I've only ever got one item of clothing from them. Leather flying jackets which were part of the 'uniform' that my unit wore when we did a Battlefields tour with the aforementioned organisation in '99.

Great jacket too- not worth the price now though! I wish I did more flying with the 'other' organisation so I had an excuse to wear it more often- especially now that I actually fit into it again! :ok: