PDA

View Full Version : Stand still to use your spivphone?

BEagle
31st May 2005, 07:24
Saw something in some SROs recently which states that servicemen in uniform are to stand still when using a mobile phone.

Why on earth should that be? Is it some Health and Safety nonsense? Or is it seen to be 'unmilitary' to use a spiv phone on the move.

Wasn't it the Armed Forces who first used 'walkie-talkie' radios?

Talking Radalt
31st May 2005, 08:45
I think I know what's caused it Beags...
It's so as not to discriminate against the Wegiment or PTIs who, as we all well know, can't walk and talk at the same time.

Lord Harry Flashman
31st May 2005, 19:59
Not quite on subject but close to it. Are officers allowed to walk on the grass about station or is that an urban myth i've incorrectly taken as the law? (Forgive my ignorance)

4fitter
31st May 2005, 20:09
Airmen walk on the grass, officers transcend the boundaries.
Use of phones is due to inability to pay attention and salute at the appropriate time. Also do not forget that non-issue rucksacks can not be used since 1st May. Therefore, it follows that the jabbers who don't do phys do not need rucksacks, apart from carrying their pies and the only ones to fall foul of the rule police are those who take their physical well being seriously !

So, in summary, I get my little man to answer the phone as he has to salute less than me, my bright rucksack continues to carry my sweaty trainers because the Air Force can't issue me with a stunning black and gold version and, oh yes, the CS95 RAF badges are in the dressing up box ;)