PDA

View Full Version : Linksys Wireless Router

willby
29th May 2005, 21:55
Hi,
I have a Linksys WRK54G wireless router connected to my broadband modem. The main pc is linked via ethernet cable to the router and performs perfectly. There are two lap-tops in the house, one with an internal non-linksys wireless card and the other has a Linksys external external wireless g notebook adapter. My problem is that the lap-top (HP) with the notebook adapter card will only connect when I am within a couple of metres of the router. The other lap top will connect from any where in the house. I thought the notebook adapter card was faulty and purchased a second one but the result was exactly the same.
The problem lap-top has windows xp professional but has only a 700 mhz processor and I wonder if this has any bearing on the problem. Any views appreciated. Have tried Linksys support but they were unable to solve the problem.
Regards
Willby

All Ahead Full
31st May 2005, 12:58
Have you tried changing the Channel ID on the wireless router - it's normally on the front page of the wireless configuration Web Page

willby
31st May 2005, 18:29
Hi AAF,
Yes that was one of the first things Linksys suggested: to change from ch6 to CH 1 but no improvement. However maybe I will try a couple of other channels.
Regards
Willby