PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Florida

Damienmk
29th May 2005, 14:39
Hi All,

Having read the comments about NAC and other's I feel obliged to put my two pennies worth in.

I trained for my PPL in Venice in 2002 with Blue Sky Aviation. The school has an excellent success rate, and I passed first time with barely the minimum legal time required, such was the quality of the instruction.

Venice is a very quiet place, so there is little to distract you from your flying. Some may view this as a drawback, but I found it very much a bonus. The accommodation is pre arranged, clean, cheap and within a five minute bike ride of the airport. There are plenty of places nearby to shop/eat etc. The beach is a five minute walk away from the accommodation if you don't like the pool!!

I am currently in Venice hour building prior to starting the CPL/IR. There have been a few changes since 2002, all of which are positive.

I was formally emloyed in the Bermuda Police Service. WHilst I was in Bermuda, a friend of mine attended NAC to do his PPL. When he returned to Bermuda he hadn't been able to complete his training despite being at the school for five weeks. His story was very similar to that posted in this forum.

I can assure all reading this, I AM NOT in any way "batting" for Blue Sky Aviation. However, I will say my experience here has been very positive. Learning to fly is expensive and can be a hassle. I would hate to have experienced what others have at NAC and the other schools mentioned. All I can say is Venice, which ever school you use, is a good location and is hassle free.

Damienmk

SAS23
29th May 2005, 14:51
Does any school have the ability to turn sows ears into silk purses?

piper pervert
29th May 2005, 17:27
Damien?!
Say alreet to the gaffster from me!
Hope that blue book of tricks isn't getting u down too much!

Have fun.
:cool: