PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy He Left

Skeleton
29th May 2005, 13:52
Question if i may chaps/chapesses.

Is it possible for someone to "rejoin" the RAF?

Not me i hasten to add, I am happy with my lot in Virgin Ops.

Met a lad this morning who is i think late thirties, left as a supplier SNCO 12 months ago but says he has made the biggest mistake of his life.

Ive never heard of it, I also think he needs medical treatment if he is serious, but said I would post and ask.

Thanks.

MrBernoulli
29th May 2005, 14:42
Hmmmm. with the redundancies going on at the mo I would think it unlikely. Supplier facing the first work of his life outside the mil ... now there is a surprise.;)

Stalin [Man of Steel]
29th May 2005, 14:46
It is certainly possible to rejoin. About a year ago I know a female stacker who rejoined after a spell at the Foreign Office. The recruiting environment was probably slightly different then, but at least there is a precedent. Your chances probably depend on the obvious variables (eg reason for leaving, slots available etc). Probably worth a try if he can stand going back through the recruitment mincer.

Skeleton
29th May 2005, 15:53
I think he will only go back in at his old rank.. no matter how much he loves it.

STANDTO
29th May 2005, 18:41
I would think he will get back in if there is a shortage in that particular area

DP Harvey
29th May 2005, 18:47
If he left through a premature reason I would doubt that he would be let back in. If he had served his time and had an average record then he only needs to write to PMA at Innnsworth and ask for consideration for re-engagement. The PMA is obliged to answer him.

A reasonable request will be answered. Who knows how the desk officer will react? Its worth a try.