PDA

View Full Version : Hangars

OCTA
29th May 2005, 07:09
I'm looking for a Hangar for an ultralight somewhere around Sydney. Camden and Hoxten Park are to expensive does anyone else know of any out of the way ALA's with hangar space available. I've also tried The Oaks.
Thanks.
OCTA.

Ultralights
29th May 2005, 08:00
sadly there isnt much cheap in the syd basin, other options are wedderburn, but you are actually buying a share of the airfield, and have to be approved. not to mention have something to offer in the way of work. runway maintainence etc. others i could suggest are Warnervale on the central coast or Cooranbong, which is owned by the local church.

Uncommon Sense
29th May 2005, 12:55
Out of interest, waht were you being asked to pay at the AD's you mentioned OCTA?

Aquaboy
30th May 2005, 10:55
OCTA,
Don't bother looking as far afield as Wollongong for hangarage, as the only operator that offered any room there has just had his lease terminated by the Shellharbour City Council. Council is building four new hangars and can only occupy two of them due to their unreasonable terms on the leases. Additionally, the new tenant in the hangars can't rent room on the floor to other persons, to stop them letting operators on the field that the council don't approve of!
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Wheeler
30th May 2005, 13:54
OCTA, I would not want to advertsie YWBN these days because even they are having trouble with the neighbours, but it is probably the best place for reasonably priced flying and hangarage and some great folks and club atmosphere. It can be pretty awful windsheer and not even usuable for some types when the westerllies are blowing and of course it slopes. You do need to join though, and the fee is now about $1100, then a year's membership of about $200 or so. You have to be proposed, seconded and approved by the Committee and do 3 workdays per year. So it aint cheap there either now but hangarage is about half BK or CN.

The other place for an Ultralight would be the Oaks, which would probably be even more suitable.

Ultralights
31st May 2005, 09:35
what were they asking at the oaks? i have flown out of there for a few weeks doing my conversion to AUF from GA. but never enquired about hangarage. i think the oaks has a lot of potential, if only the owners could see it. 2 runways, plenty of space for hangars, within the syd basin, and with hoxton closing, and the sky high prices of bankstown and camden, the oaks could become a very popular airfield.

OCTA
31st May 2005, 12:00
Camdon was around $500-600 a month YHOX I didn't even bother asking. The Oaks does not have any room in there Hangars but does have tie downs for about $25 a week. They have applied to the council to build more but are not that hopful. No wonder aviation is dieing having to pay $6000 a year to park your plane undercover! :yuk: (My ultralight is only worth two years rent!!)
The market is open for someone with a big block of land to build some hangars and fill them up at a reasonable price.

BOOPY BOO
8th Jun 2005, 01:35
Hi People

I too was looking for hangerage, and the best deal I got was to buy into a hanger.....
Got a 50% share in a hanger thats 4yr old
Hanger measures 60 x 40 mtrs...
Total price $22,000
Got a whopper of an insurance policy to pay,
but I have taken in 3 other aircraft at $30 per week (UL's)
and good hangerage for mine as well.

It might not be your answer but look at the bigger picture.

I have a very secure asset.. and a list of other people wanting to use my hanger..

Just a thought..

Uncommon Sense
8th Jun 2005, 07:35
Uh, did you really mean to say 60 x 40 m ?

I assume you had to get $10M public liability insurance - it is a whopper.

Is it leasehold?

BOOPY BOO
8th Jun 2005, 12:51
Hi Uncommon Sense

PM me for details if you like..

I did mean that... I do have a 50% share in this hanger.
So I guess my share is 30 x 20 mtrs..

Yes leasehold is 5x5x5

Yes it is a $10mil insurance policy

I like to think I was in the right place at the right time...