PDA

View Full Version : MCC in a week?

six-sixty
28th May 2005, 16:57
Hi all, can anyone recommend me either through experience or by reputation an MCC organisation where it's possible to do the course in a week? Nearly all of the ones I've seen advertised so far do it over 2 weeks. I had it in my head that this was a one week course. Are these places spinning it out over two weeks to charge more or make a bigger deal of it than is needed? Or does it actually take that long to do it properly?

Where I'm coming from is I'm just about to start a fill-in job to earn some dough post the IR, and I reckon I could get away with a week off soonish, but 2 would be pushing it.

Input would be very, very welcome. Thanks in advance.
SS

ifleeplanes
28th May 2005, 18:21
No heard of a one week MCC as far as I believe its a 2 week course. First week is ground school and second is 5 sim sessions.

You do need the 2 weeks they are not spinning you a line.

Megaton
29th May 2005, 10:34
Courses are accredited by CAA and have to meet a minimum requirement which cannot be completed in a week.

BillieBob
29th May 2005, 10:53
The modular MCC course is a minimum of 25 hours classroom training and the UK CAA will not allow more than 8 hours classroom training per day.

There is then 20 hours practical training (FNPT, FTD or Sim), which is usually arranged into 5x4 hour sessions plus briefing and debriefing, and the CAA will not allow more than one sim session per day.

That means the whole course cannot be completed in less than 10 days, or two five-day weeks.

mark twain
29th May 2005, 11:57
Multiflight in Leeds do the MCC over eight days - back to back.

They start on a Monday and finish the following monday - so minimising leave time.

It comprises of three days groundschool and five days sim.

I have just done the course and it was excellent and superb value for money.

BillieBob
29th May 2005, 20:19
Ooops! Must write out a hundred times "Three and five do not make ten" - I knew that last Drambuie shandy was a mistake!

Still, the fact remains that you can't do a modular MCC course in a week.

tunalic2
29th May 2005, 23:28
MCT Bournemouth
3+5 usually done with weekend break but can be done 8 straight through on request.
Also on full motion Tristar, Lovely!:ok:
T2

01329 281788

no I don't work for them

willby
30th May 2005, 10:32
Hi,
Parc Aviation, Dublin : 8 consecutive days, no breaks for w/e, holidays etc.
Willby